Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

turbo on floorboards

Morning all,hope you are enjoying your rides.I have been in post op now for just under 6 weeks and hopefully  back on the bike in next couple of weeks.However I am getting back on turbo shortly with the view to going on Zwift,shed is not ideal for the set up,was wondering has anyone had there set up in the house upstairs(wooden floorboards)if so,did you need to put anything down ? was it noisy below(over living room)? All replies fully appreciated. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Jamie1977 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I use a 99p yoga mat under mine. 

Steve7 | 7 years ago
0 likes

thanks all

DaveE128 | 7 years ago
2 likes

I use a camping mat under mine. Cheap and makes it a bit quieter.

jollygoodvelo | 7 years ago
1 like

I use my Tacx Flow indoors and upstairs on floorboards.  It's not too bad but there's resonance at certain speeds which annoys the wife.

Recently I constructed a base for the Tacx which uses a piece of plywood with four circular holes (38mm) sitting on four tennis balls (about 65mm) acting as shock absorbers.  Costs about £4 and works really well - gives the whole setup a bit of bounce and seems to really reduce vibration.

pablo replied to jollygoodvelo | 7 years ago
0 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

I use my Tacx Flow indoors and upstairs on floorboards.  It's not too bad but there's resonance at certain speeds which annoys the wife.

Recently I constructed a base for the Tacx which uses a piece of plywood with four circular holes (38mm) sitting https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/157888/Mike-s-Myton-Rid... four tennis balls (about 65mm) acting as shock absorbers.  Costs about £4 and works really well - gives the whole setup a bit of bounce and seems to really reduce vibration.

now that is a good idea

Latest Comments