Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Police tweet manipulated picture

https://twitter.com/GMPLongsight/status/831864572629889028

Horizontally-flipped picture, which means the person who took the photo was almost certainly driving.  And there are no cycle lanes there.  And government guidance is to allow pavement cycling where safe or practical.

And the police have been very quiet since they tweeted this utter nonsense.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

ChrisB200SX | 7 years ago
2 likes

To be honest, I expect they flipped the picture to try to hide the fact that there is no cycle lane here. In my opinion that's even worse, deliberately trying to make cyclists look like they go out of their way to cause danger to other vulnerable commuters. They'll probably just say it's ok for an officer to use a camera, or they were stopped, or they'll just lie.

Having been in Manchester all weekend I can confirm that the millions spent on these car parking lanes has been highly effective.

davel replied to ChrisB200SX | 7 years ago
0 likes
ChrisB200SX wrote:

To be honest, I expect they flipped the picture to try to hide the fact that there is no cycle lane here.

But the picture still shows the road with the double yellow lines and the kerb. It's as obvious that there is no cycle lane as if they hadn't flipped it.

There might be another reason, but it still looks to me that the likeliest reason for flipping is to try to make out the passenger took the photo - ie. it wasn't the driver breaking the law.

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
2 likes

Brilliant stuff really enjoyed that laugh

davel | 7 years ago
6 likes

I just spent 5 mins reading that thread, and it is an utterly joyous mismatch.

Every now and again, I fooking love twitter.

Latest Comments