Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hunt Wheels (aero light vs 30 Carbon)

Hi

Its that time to upgrade my wheels on my Cannondale Synapse (disc version). Having scoured the internet finding which ones I've narrowed it down to two - Hunt Aero Light or the Hunt 30 carbons. Don't think the wife would let me spend the money on a set of Enve's!

Has anyone's got any experience or feedback on these as I am torn between the two. 

The aero light are £470 and are aluminium, where the 30 Carbon are £999. What are the benefits over these?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

Fair point but then so do mine. I'm a very happy owner of two sets of Hunt wheels myself yes.

Anthony.C | 7 years ago
1 like

Bear in mind, readers, all his posts end the same way, with a puff for Hunts Wheels.

Ogi | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hi Jason,

I was thinking a lot along similar lines-except Carbon ones were def. too expensive for ne. Both of the Hunts use Novatec carbon hubs (quite light) and PSR extra straight pull spokes with EZO bearings as an upgrade. Rims are the only difference between two of them! I have heard lots of good things about cheaper 4Season models and some guys also praised Aero Lights. Note however that the two you're after are maybe not the best solution for crap weather riding-not sure what kind of riding you do, as cheaper 4Season hubs might be better option for that.

Alternatives: Novatec CXD wheels might be a bit cheaper (not as food bearings).

If lightness is what you're seeking, DT Swiss RR21 are nice option (240s hubs). Carbon options: Fulcrum Quattro Disc, Reynolds Assault/Attack.  Or just go custom...pricier but at least know exactly what you get. For a grand, Hope hubs with decent carbon ribs and decent spokes (DT S) should be possible. Weight will be higher, but robustness is better.

Hunts is a very interesting mix hitting the price point.

O

Latest Comments