Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike Tracker - Ping - too good to be true?

Came across this crowd funding project which looks too good to be true, also not clear if it will work outside of the US but they do say you can track your luggage..could be a great bike tracker

http://pinggps.com/

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

fenix | 7 years ago
0 likes

So what could you do - track it to a house or street ? And then what ? Search warrant for all the likely abodes ?

I'm not convinced. 

Kendalred | 7 years ago
0 likes

Seems like a good idea for higher crime areas - as long as you can hide it well enough, but not so well that recharging the battery becomes a major fettling job. The fact you need a data plan is a bit off putting though.

Man of Lard | 7 years ago
0 likes

Great, just what we all need - apart from having to remember to keep the battery in it charged, I need a data plan for my bike (on top of any phone contract I have) 

HarryTrauts | 7 years ago
0 likes

I can see how it's useful for potentially tracking a stolen bike or car but some of the other suggested uses are worrying.

Tracking your children?  How does this help them develop a sense of independence and trust?  Useful for fretful parents who believe there is a paedophile on every corner, I suppose...

To help you remember where you parked your car?  If you're so stupid that you regularly forget where you've parked, I'd suggest you shouldn't be driving a car at all.  Good grief!

Latest Comments