Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bib Short length

Can anyone reommend or point me in the direction of Bib shorts with that little bit of extra length in the leg. I am not unusually tall, 6 feet 1 inch, but slightly out of proportion with long legs.  I have shorts from castelli, altura, planet X, Bio racer, Btwin , DHB, sportful, funkierand many others, and every pair i wear makes me look like a 1970s footballer...I need just an extra 4 or five centimetres on the leg length so they sit just above the knee rather than half way up the thigh...any recommendations?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

grmtylr | 7 years ago
0 likes

Endura Pro SL shorts are availbale in standard length or a 4cm longer version.

Might be worth looking at.

poppa | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have some Giordan FR  Carbon bib shorts that seem a bit longer than usual - the gripper is really close to the knee. I got them from the bike rooms, they weren't listed as being long but they did also have a 'short leg' version listed, which I didn't buy. That was size L on a 5'11 male with normal proportions in terms of leg length.

stenmeister | 7 years ago
0 likes

Rapha Core are longer. I have Castelli nanoflex which are a great length whereas the Velocissimo are too short, in the way you describe. I tend to wear the latter with knee warmers.

Jack Osbourne snr | 7 years ago
0 likes

Sorry... Bike rooms seem to be out of longer versions now.

Al__S | 7 years ago
0 likes

Kalas, now supplier to Team GB, do "extended" sizes for the lanky, see the size guide here (they have a total of 10 sizes including the extended)

MoutonDeMontagne | 7 years ago
0 likes

You didn't say which Castelli shorts you've used. I've found them to be a good length for me, i.e. just above the knee, I'm 6ft 3 and take a medium. Specifically I've been using the Volo and the the Free Aero Race bibs, and find that the mesh Giro leg grippers adds around 5 cm lenght over similar shorts from Sportful which are more mid thigh like you describe. Likewise, the nanoflex shorts reach to the knee such that the bottom of the grpper sits just above my kneecap. 

Kendalred | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've found that La Passione come up long on me - but I'm only 5'8". I take a small in these.

https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/man-collection/products_bib-shorts

And at present if you sign up to their emails, you can get 15% off the first purchase. Oh, and the pad is very comfy.

Jack Osbourne snr | 7 years ago
0 likes

Giordana do 5cm extra versions of some of their ranges.

Check out the Bike Rooms... https://www.thebikerooms.com

MrB123 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Pactimo should be perfect for you. Have a look at their Summit Raptor shorts. They do a longer leg length version which are plenty long enough for me at 6'4" in size medium, nicely down to the knee.

They are the best shorts I've tried and are currently on sale too!

Another brand which are long in the leg are La Passione. You'll see on their website the model wearing the shorts is 6'1" and the shorts look to be pretty generous in length.

OnTheRopes | 7 years ago
0 likes

I found Castelli Nanolight shorts longer in leg length, but other Castelli shorts too short.

I have a couple of pairs of Assos which have long leg length, not sure which model though

amazon22 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Lusso will make to order for a nominal extra charge.

Nat Jas Moe | 7 years ago
0 likes

You could try 3/4 length shorts as these might come up the right length for you.

huntswheelers | 7 years ago
0 likes

Fat Lad At The Back.... they might have what you need....  https://fatladattheback.com/mens-cycle-wear

Could be worth a phone call and talk dimensions with them...

peted76 | 7 years ago
1 like

A couple of brands offer longer legged bib shorts... 

Rapha Springs to mind.. extra 30mm on the legs.. http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team-bib-shorts/product/PSH22 

Worth their £120 'sale' price, I have a pair and they are my go to bibs.

graybags | 7 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps try Morvelo, they seem a  little longer than is typical. I have a couple of pairs that I find very comfortable plus some winter longs and a pair of bib knickers.

Latest Comments