Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CAAD 8

Hi all got a CAAD 8 from 2012...is my third bike and want to turn to put as large a tyre as can take on for general use...I have had 28mm tyres on...would go even larger if knew could take? Anyone got experience can share please? Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Topcat | 7 years ago
0 likes

Did you see you reply on the other thread? 

Quote:

dottigirl wrote:

Have just bought the CAAD8 and am rebuilding it with Ultegra and EDCO Optima Roches. 

However, the Roches have a rim width of 24mm. Does anyone know if there will be clearance for a pair of 28mm Conti 4000s II? Specs do say there 'should' be clearance for 28mm tyres, but I had mixed messages from the supplier when I enquired.

I found Micheline Lithion IIs in 25mm were really close to the caliper. Sometimes leaves or mud would cause rub with the tyre. With Continental GP4000s II or Grand Prix GT in 25mm there is reasonable clearance but I think 28mm would be pushing it.

dottigirl | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've just bought a 2016 CAAD8 and have been trying to find out if I could get 28s on - glad to read that you have managed it. I'll be trying it with wider rims though, which could take it up to 30mm. Will report back...

welsh wizard | 7 years ago
0 likes

thanks anyone else experience of?

Stef Marazzi | 7 years ago
0 likes

28mm is the biggest that Shimano 105 or Ultegra 6800 can fit. You might be lucky and squeeze 30mm on, but it would be mega tight.

Latest Comments