Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Delays are Back (3 months so far!)

Hey Everyone

I was just wondering if any of you fine people are having problems with Canyon delays?

This seems reminiscent of the problems from the beginning of last year. I ordered a Speedmax CF SL 9.0 in September for delivery on 10 October 2016. They have been pushing that date back 2 weeks at a time now for the last 2 months. However, they have only once let me know about this, I have had to contact them every time to find out where it is. The latest is that it should ship in the week of 16 Jan 2017 however I have no reason to believe that this will actually happen.

There have been  a number of reasons given for the delays including: Warehouse stock take, new software, supplier issues. In one case one of the guys even said to me "I cannot understand why this isn't shipping".

I have just returned from South Africa where I was supposed to train on the Ironman course on the new bike and do a few shorter races but obviously that has come and gone, now I am starting to wonder if I will even have the bike for the race in April.

I did notice that the price of the model I ordered went up by £500 a few days after I ordered, I wonder if they are shipping the ones sold at a higher price and are hoping that I will just cancel my order?

Anyone else heard anything about these problems or experiencing something similar?

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

nadsta | 7 years ago
0 likes

My brother in law ordered a Canyon endurace disc on Feb 18  to be delivered to my house prior to his bi-annual visit to the UK end of March.

Good luck with that, I told him.

Delivery man shows up at mine 6 days later with his bike  7

wycombewheeler replied to nadsta | 7 years ago
0 likes
nadsta wrote:

My brother in law ordered a Canyon endurace disc on Feb 18  to be delivered to my house prior to his bi-annual visit to the UK end of March.

Good luck with that, I told him.

Delivery man shows up at mine 6 days later with his bike  7

6 days later sounds like stock. shoukdnt be an issue with predicting delivery.

Leodis | 7 years ago
0 likes

One brand I have in mind is Orbea.  Their carbon layups are legendary and the bikes ride superbly.  You can also customise the paint finish on Orcas and other models to make them completely unique to you.

They are great bikes, I ordered the M10 team disc in Jan with a end of march delivery on team colours, its has been delayed until May then needs to be sent to the shop from Spain, built and then sent to me.  Its a good job I didnt go custom colour, it would be July on a 2017 bike!!

Not sure why Orbea start their builds so late, their 2017 bikes actual release are closer to 2018 ones.  It seems they can flood review sites with their test bikes but not fullfil orders.

Bike Swanky | 7 years ago
0 likes

It was a somewhat off coincidence when I posted above last week.  No sooner had I pressed Save when a chap from Canyon Warranty came into the hub to buy an inner tube  1  What are the odds?

He works in Canyon UK's warranty department and I told him about some of the stories on here.

He was a little bewildered by it as it would seem that Canyon UK are turning things around relatively quickly.

He was a lovely chap by the way.  

Zubkee | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've had mixed experiences with Canyon over the past year. I ordered an Inflite in January, and it arrived only a couple of weeks after the order - delighted. My partner ordered same, and was told delivery would be a month. A month later, she was told it would be another month - we had to contact them to find this out. She was offered two bidons and bottle cages as a gesture of goodwill.

I now need a new fork for my Inflite, so after chatting with a customer service guy online, I emailed the address he gave me with photographs of the damaged fork and customer number as requested. I got no response, so a month later, I have emailed again. It's been a week now, and still no response.

Delighted with the bikes, but their approach to customer service is shockingly poor.

Kadinkski | 7 years ago
0 likes

My other half ordered a women's version of the sppedmax to arrive in late September 2016. It didn't arrive and we literally had to chase them every week - we did not get a single notification from them. We cancelled the order in November as it was just a stressful and unpleasent experience dealing with them. We were going to Aus in December and wanted to take the bike, and we felt completely at their whim like we had zero control and we lost faith in them delivering before our trip.

She paid a bit more for something through the LBS - it was ready the next day and she got a free fitting chucked in. 

They'll never see our money again.

Milkfloat | 7 years ago
0 likes

With Canyon my saga was finally resolved after contacting the CEO.  It was not resolved by getting the bike I ordered, it was resolved by getting the truth that it would be another 3 months at the earliest.  For 4 months before, I had been lied to and stalled repeatedly by the rest of the company. Canyon will never see my money again.

Bike Swanky | 7 years ago
0 likes

Interesting one this.  It may well be that the pricing model is finally catching up with them.....or not.

Either way, there are other brands out there that offer something better at a marginally higher price now.  Canyon are not as competitive as they were, especially when you consider the after care side of things and sending things back to Germany etc.

One brand I have in mind is Orbea.  Their carbon layups are legendary and the bikes ride superbly.  You can also customise the paint finish on Orcas and other models to make them completely unique to you.

What's light years ahead of Canyon is the after sales support and care, backed up by a genuine warranty that they act on quickly and without quibble.

Yes we are a retailer, and yes we sell Orbeas.  However, we also sell around 50 other brands of bike and without a doubt Orbea have been the most accomplished manufacturer during 2016 at dealing with issues with any bikes and focusing upon quality control.  They're a real pleasure to deal with which makes it easy for us to resolve any issues you may experience, which in turn makes owning one a pleasure for you.

Pre-2016 they did have some issues with supply and quality, but that's sorted now.

Their pricing is very competitive as well, even compared to Canyon.  An equivalent £2500 model is around £150-£200 more expensive, but you get a lot more for your money if you look at more than the bike and its components.  I've also ridden both Canyons and Orbeas and whilst I begrudgingly had to admit that the Canyon was very good, the Orbea seemed to be a step above.

Felt seem a lot better as well now that they have left Saddleback.  I-ride do a good job of resolving any Argon18 and Orro issues too.  De Rosa often still want things sent back to Italy, as do Fondriest and others .

However, none of them seem to be able to resolve problems as quickly as Orbea.  We've had issues resolved and customers back out riding their bikes again within 7-10 days of leaving them with us.

Thankfully, this is rarely necessary as the products are so good to begin with.

Anyway, these comments are intended to help, not to sell.  Good luck with your ongoing Canyon saga.

Rapha Nadal replied to Bike Swanky | 7 years ago
3 likes

Bike Swanky wrote:

Interesting one this.  It may well be that the pricing model is finally catching up with them.....or not.

Either way, there are other brands out there that offer something better at a marginally higher price now.  Canyon are not as competitive as they were, especially when you consider the after care side of things and sending things back to Germany etc.

What's light years ahead of Canyon is the after sales support and care, backed up by a genuine warranty that they act on quickly and without quibble.

Yes we are a retailer, and yes we sell Orbeas.  However, we also sell around 50 other brands of bike and without a doubt Orbea have been the most accomplished manufacturer during 2016 at dealing with issues with any bikes and focusing upon quality control.  They're a real pleasure to deal with which makes it easy for us to resolve any issues you may experience, which in turn makes owning one a pleasure for you.

Pre-2016 they did have some issues with supply and quality, but that's sorted now.

Their pricing is very competitive as well, even compared to Canyon.  An equivalent £2500 model is around £150-£200 more expensive, but you get a lot more for your money if you look at more than the bike and its components.  I've also ridden both Canyons and Orbeas and whilst I begrudgingly had to admit that the Canyon was very good, the Orbea seemed to be a step above.

Felt seem a lot better as well now that they have left Saddleback.  I-ride do a good job of resolving any Argon18 and Orro issues too.  De Rosa often still want things sent back to Italy, as do Fondriest and others .

However, none of them seem to be able to resolve problems as quickly as Orbea.  We've had issues resolved and customers back out riding their bikes again within 7-10 days of leaving them with us.

Thankfully, this is rarely necessary as the products are so good to begin with.

Anyway, these comments are intended to help, not to sell.  Good luck with your ongoing Canyon saga.

Are you trying to sell the guy an Orbea?  It's not quite clear from your post...

hsiaolc | 7 years ago
0 likes

Whats new?  its top management thats the problem.  They don't care to priortise this as a problem so it will forever be their downfall. 

3 months? Thats nothing.  I waited 1 year for Spectral and never got it because I had to cancel it because after a year I called and they said there are more delays but they didn't bother to tell me and I had to call them. 

Actually these days I dont even find their bikes that special.  I like Rose a lot. 

I have Canyon Ultimate,  Canyon Stive, Canyon Endurance.  Rose Xeon DX.  I like my Rose Xeon Dx more than both Canyons. 

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

From my experience with Canyon, there's seemingly little effect in contacting every department, every available customer service guy, in every area. Which is what I kept doing!

You'll get loads of different stories and nothing will change when it ships 

May be worth pushing for a courtesy discount after it arrives explaining in length how it's affected you. I got £50 quid off a Canyon because of the tiniest scratch. Like so small, who cares. Chanced it with a pic and they refunded right away. 

Keep checking the outlet section. If something pops up there it'll ship faster I think. Only then would I consider cancelling the order in your position.

Latest Comments