Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Carbon frame respray

Having had a Cannondale Supersix now for some time, I'd love to have something new to pedal along. In a heartbeat I'd buy myself a new bike, a Mason being very near the top of the list, however the wife would not very surgically remove some body parts if I do! So I have considered the idea of having the perfectly good 'Dale resprayed to make it look something flashy and new. Has anyone got any recommendations for resprayers? And what could I expect to pay?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

doc_davo | 7 years ago
0 likes
Nixster | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've been idly contemplating this, in Saeco-Cannondale red from the Cippolini era. I think GCN showed something similar at the Rouleur show recently.  Sounds great, do it!

Enigma do custom paint if you wanted another option. 

peted76 | 7 years ago
1 like
Pierre | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've seen (up close) some very tidy work from Colour Tech in Dartford (London / Kent):
http://colour-tech.co.uk/
I'd allow about £100 for strip down / rebuild costs at an LBS too.

madcarew | 7 years ago
0 likes

After accident damage I got part of my frame re-sprayed by a race car guy. He's used to spraying carbon fibre, as some paint mixes can compromise the epoxy in the frame. I'm in NZ so costs probably not much use to you, but he did quote me $300 ish for a flash frame re-paint. Stripdown and rebuild costs would obviously be on top of that.

Latest Comments