Looking for a new carbon stead

by stephenjm   August 17, 2010  

Just read an article posted in 2009 re BMC Pro Machine 2009 Road Frame.
The writer said there are more comfy frames for the money.

At present I have a litespeed pavia and am looking for a summer frame that is a good sportive ride, comfy over the longer distance.

I am definitely in the MAMIL catagory (sorry middle aged man in lycra)

Not a racer but have the money to buy decent kit and enjoy it in the rolloing countryside of the Ribbel Valley.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Purely from personal experience and being a similar MAMIL to yourself (sportive rider etc), I bought a SCOTT CR1 (PRO) in May and am really happy with it. Its comfortable, light, and accelerates well. The frame is standard across the CR1 range so you can kit it out according to your needs (and wallet). happy hunting, Brendan

posted by SPAM Naval [141 posts]
17th August 2010 - 10:02

1 Like

A Cannondale Synapse is where you need to be my friend.

posted by Bonzo [2 posts]
17th August 2010 - 17:04

1 Like

Why not look close to home -- Ribble do several frames that will fit the bill nicely without costing the proverbial arm and leg. My Gran Fondo gets plenty of admiring glances from people who've paid an awful lot more for their 'big name' frames.

Surprisingly enough I still see very few of them when out round the Lancashire lanes on a sunday with the club.

On second thoughts, don't buy one - then mine will still be a fairly rare beast.

lord of starkness's picture

posted by lord of starkness [2 posts]
17th August 2010 - 17:59

1 Like

I bought a Ridley Helium. Very comfy and also light

posted by Cam [17 posts]
17th August 2010 - 19:50

1 Like

Cannondale 6?

I like my bike but it needs a hidden 25cc motor Smile

Fish_n_Chips's picture

posted by Fish_n_Chips [326 posts]