Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking for a new carbon stead

Just read an article posted in 2009 re BMC Pro Machine 2009 Road Frame.
The writer said there are more comfy frames for the money.

At present I have a litespeed pavia and am looking for a summer frame that is a good sportive ride, comfy over the longer distance.

I am definitely in the MAMIL catagory (sorry middle aged man in lycra)

Not a racer but have the money to buy decent kit and enjoy it in the rolloing countryside of the Ribbel Valley.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

Cannondale 6?

Cam | 13 years ago
0 likes

I bought a Ridley Helium. Very comfy and also light

lord of starkness | 13 years ago
0 likes

Why not look close to home -- Ribble do several frames that will fit the bill nicely without costing the proverbial arm and leg. My Gran Fondo gets plenty of admiring glances from people who've paid an awful lot more for their 'big name' frames.

Surprisingly enough I still see very few of them when out round the Lancashire lanes on a sunday with the club.

On second thoughts, don't buy one - then mine will still be a fairly rare beast.

Bonzo | 13 years ago
0 likes

A Cannondale Synapse is where you need to be my friend.

SPAM Naval | 13 years ago
0 likes

Purely from personal experience and being a similar MAMIL to yourself (sportive rider etc), I bought a SCOTT CR1 (PRO) in May and am really happy with it. Its comfortable, light, and accelerates well. The frame is standard across the CR1 range so you can kit it out according to your needs (and wallet). happy hunting, Brendan

Latest Comments