Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Steve Abraham to try again at WR

On his Strava feed feed has said 

Steven Abraham I've started setting up for another go at the year in 2017. Still quite a lot to do before I can start but this time I'll start fit instead of having not ridden a bike for 2 months before I set off because of getting everything ready. Amanda is doing brilliant and it will mst likely be her record of over 82,000 miles I'll be after.

good luck to him but Coker's record can not be beaten in this country given the weather she has done it in, the flat circuit etc. Unless Steve is prepared to do the same (which I doubt as he loves touring) then maybe look at a different record ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

barbarus | 7 years ago
1 like

Note to Devonian moped riders - please keep your distance this year!

Simontuck | 7 years ago
0 likes

If you go on his facebook page he's setting up events this time so you can sign up and go out and help shelter him from the wind. He does it under Ultra rules so he can take a draft fortunately!!

First training ride you can sign up for is NYE at 2315 from MK McDonalds. Only 230 miles.

ianrobo | 7 years ago
1 like

Update from SA 

Amanda is doing brilliant. I don't think she has it as easy as lot of people think. The circuit she rides is known locally as, "The Windy Woods," because it isn't that well sheltered from the wind. I could easily do a similar amount of climbing to Amanda by staying in the Fens. The problem with that is the wind. Any wind over 5mph lowers the speed too much. My month record was all about seeing if I thought I could have a go at the year again and from what I did, I think I can. So I'm going for it.

Leviathan | 7 years ago
0 likes

Finally caught up with Guy Martin's 'World Record' for crossing a chinese desert (on a fixie for some reason.) I reckon even I could knock that one out. As for Steve, he needs to give it a rest for his mental well being. Already looking at more attempts; even Ranulph Fiennes has a couple of years between expeditions. I don't know how he is funding this, but perhaps that is driving this constant push. Meanwhile there has to be some 'open road' rules that make it comparable. No loops.

Latest Comments