Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

K-edge mount snapped

Anyone else had any issues? I have a combo mount on my commuter for camera and Garmin coming in this morning the damn thing just snapped off, its not even that old!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

BrokenBootneck | 7 years ago
0 likes

I had to email fed ex to explain why it was a replacement to avoid paying any fees. Spare replaceable insert and a free bottle opener. 

0 likes

I will have to wait and see should be delivered tomorrow hopefully. 

Hensteeth | 7 years ago
0 likes

Had a problem with my combo mount. The camera mount came off as the threads had stripped due to the bolts being too short. They were only in about 1mm. Had quite a convoluted email exchange with k-edge who did send a replacement from USA. Wasn't best pleased when I got the bill from customs and excise with handling charge. It came to around £18! May as well have bought another mount...

0 likes

Top marks to K-Edge even over xmas they've got a new mount out already in the post. 

HLaB | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've not had a problem with that mount but my TT mount came loose on a TT and I lost the bolts and retainer plate for it and a garmin 200.  I contacted K-Edge direct by email and although they obviously couldn't replace the Garmin they reacted well and fast and sent me a replacement TT mount and a Stem mount as well.

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

Looks like they need to make that part of the mount around the bolt a bit thicker .

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

Where did the break occur? Do you have a pic?

BrokenBootneck replied to StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

guyrwood wrote:

here you go, wasn't even a rough bit of road!

BrokenBootneck replied to StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

guyrwood wrote:

Latest Comments