Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pre-ride intro/speech/checks before your rides?

Post earlier got me thinking.. 

My clubs social rides appear quite well led, there has to be a leader as he or she is normally the only one who knows where we're going. Before these rides there's normally a quick shout out for where we're going, a meeting point(cafe), and for new riders and if there are any, a couple of questions to them and an introduction to the ride, along the lines of:

Questions along the lines of knowledge of group riding, hand signals etc.. 

Introducing ride leader to the new rider/s (swapping emergency details) and a couple of relaible types instructed to keep an eye out for said new rider/s.

How not to worry if the ride stretches or snaps as the ride will regroup at the top of climbs or at the next junction. 

However the faster shorter 'bash' rides we do, are set routes, attended by regulars in the main, we welcome anyone and often have guest riders and yet there is little or no responsibly in place.. riders are expected to turn up and follow the wheels. (It's not clicky, but these rides have become unfriendly for 'newbies' to come along to).

I'm looking to change that so, my question to you is: 

What is said to the group before your club or group rides to both new people and regulars?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Stef Marazzi | 7 years ago
0 likes

Pretty much the same. Definitely tell everyone where the Cafe stops will be. Ours are set up on a Facebook group and the GPX posted of the routes. People are expected to download them to their Garmins. Works a treat, and means everyone can take a turn at leading the way. Also means the group can split if necessary, but still find their way to the coffee stops.

peted76 | 7 years ago
1 like

ah ha! - 

Yes very very good  1

arfa | 7 years ago
1 like

Something along the lines of  this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFgmIVB6-Zc

Merry Christmas 

Latest Comments