Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

turbo trainer

Hi,can I have your views on best training app for turbo trainer please,to stop the boredom setting in.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Yorkshire wallet | 7 years ago
0 likes

Zwift is my pottering about app. Bkool is my 'i'm doing something serious' app.

I always feel like I can take Zwift at my own pace but there's so many people I normally end up in a bit of friendly competition. For some reason, even though I have no gradient reduction in both apps, bkool seems harder than Zwift at the same gradients and power levels.

pablo | 7 years ago
0 likes

If your dedicated rather than dipping and out trainerroad is by far the best. Not flashy like zwift but true training plans. they have a very good podcast as well that answers questions sent into them.

jaymack | 7 years ago
0 likes

Sufferfest videos are excellent but the key is variety. I also watch catch up TV and sometimes go all old school and just use music (yes I know the shame of going low-tech'). If you always do the same thing you won't stick at it, give yourself a varied turbo training diet and you'll get through the winter. You could also mix it up with something like the 5BX exercise program. Outdoor riding is varied which is why it's a joy, if your indoor training is varied too it won't become a drudge. Good luck with it

Steve7 | 7 years ago
0 likes

thanks

davel | 7 years ago
0 likes

Trainerroad with the odd sufferfest video works for me, but everyone I know who's on Zwift or Bkool raves about them.

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Best structured training app/PC

TrainerRoad

Best interactive Trainer experience with no particular bias Zwift or Bkool.  I have treid both, Zwift has slick graphics, but only a handful of courses.  Bkool slighly less slick but has thousands of real courses from all over the world. So you can ride up Mont Ventoux if you want to.  Both have workouts, but arent as good as TrainerRoad for structure.  Both comes with races to compete against others.  Im doing the Bkool Winter league at the moment amongst others.

Latest Comments