Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Vuelta chat

I've picked my team of random picks, just like my lotto numbers.. And I've created a league, number 16279..  19 What's the betting I don't get out of the bottom half of the league again? :''(

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

189 comments

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

i've been in with my code spanner to knock a few cogs and suck my teeth a bit, and the transfers issue should be resolved, apologies to anyone that was affected yesterday,

Hoops | 13 years ago
0 likes

can anyone advise on how to get my points from stage 10 till now? my team is still sitting on stage 9

dave atkinson replied to Hoops | 13 years ago
0 likes
Hoops wrote:

can anyone advise on how to get my points from stage 10 till now? my team is still sitting on stage 9

you managed to pick daniele bennati three times somehow... anyway, now it's fixed  1

Francois the Postman replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

A bit late for this one, but maybe something for future fantasy GTs that you are running:

It might be nice to show the daily stage rankings too (so you can see how godawful your choice for that stage was compared to the rest  3 )

For instance: if you clicked on any stage number (on the left) in your points scored overview, it could list the Team totals for that. Right no you can see what you scored, but there is no indication anywhere how it compares to Teams picked by other players, on that day.

And yes, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for running it.

martin | 13 years ago
0 likes

I am in the purist league, 29th, one of my riders has withdrawn, can I replace him and still be in the purist league?

Speedy1319 | 13 years ago
0 likes

WeaverValleyWannaBs Mini_Wiggo0157 has not yet got his stage 17 points - could you update it please?

Thanks!

dave atkinson replied to martin | 13 years ago
0 likes
martin wrote:

I am in the purist league, 29th, one of my riders has withdrawn, can I replace him and still be in the purist league?

nope  1

dave atkinson replied to Francois the Postman | 13 years ago
0 likes
Francois the Postman wrote:

It might be nice to show the daily stage rankings too (so you can see how godawful your choice for that stage was compared to the rest  3 )

For instance: if you clicked on any stage number (on the left) in your points scored overview, it could list the Team totals for that. Right no you can see what you scored, but there is no indication anywhere how it compares to Teams picked by other players, on that day.

good plan - we'll see what we can do for next season  1

dave atkinson replied to Speedy1319 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Speedy1319 wrote:

WeaverValleyWannaBs Mini_Wiggo0157 has not yet got his stage 17 points - could you update it please?

should be sorted now...

bikingscot | 13 years ago
0 likes

Argh made a mistake with my transfers and can't undo it. Seeing as you still owe me a transfer from Igor Anton's withdrawal can you reset me before 11am today....? Pleeease!

saioarri | 13 years ago
0 likes

It's impossible to win to "meninblack". He/she always has the stage winner and every stage is one of the best 10 user of the day... it's a very hard job to close the gap with "meninblack". I'll have to make some risks...

DaveP | 13 years ago
0 likes

Call me "The Beast"...

Yep, I'm now # 666!

19  19

dave atkinson replied to saioarri | 13 years ago
0 likes
saioarri wrote:

It's impossible to win to "meninblack". He/she always has the stage winner and every stage is one of the best 10 user of the day... it's a very hard job to close the gap with "meninblack". I'll have to make some risks...

it's been a great fight, nothing in it the whole way...

0 likes

Just happened to notice that today Nicolas Roche was only given 4 points despite being 7th overall and 16th on stage, which should be 4 points for the overall plus 5 points for 16th place...according to the rules anyway.

Making me wonder how many of the other scores aren't right, just haven't got the time to go back and check them...

0 likes

Oh and I had Roche so can I get the points please? :o)

dave atkinson replied to bikingscot | 13 years ago
0 likes
bikingscot wrote:

Oh and I had Roche so can I get the points please? :o)

yup, you can - now updated. sometimes the vuelta site will simply leave a rider out of their provisional results, then stick them in at the end. that's what happened to roche - we caught it on the gc but not on the stage finish

thefatcyclist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Congrats to the joint winners, it's been really enjoyable. 68th for me, not bad considering I spent the first few stages hell bent on being a purist, then I cracked.  4 or I might have been higher up. It has been a great diversion for me since I am recovering from collapsing on my bike on 6th August and ending up in intensive care.
Well done for the organising, must be a big job. Maybe a few more riders in each classification would give a bigger spread of results.
Cheers.
Thefatcyclist.  22

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

Glad you enjoyed it thefatcyclist - hope the recovery is on track too?

68th is pretty good going beats my 547th – I had purity forced upon me by Eurobike and my team never really recovered - well that's my excuse anyway  1

I'm not the keeper of the rules, that's Dave, but my reading of them is that in the event of a tie the player with the highest score on the final stage wins…more on that tomorrow morning though. In the meantime congrats to everyone that took part - especially meninblack and saioarri who tied on points at the top, and an awesome displays also from the other five players that got over 2000 points.

If anyone has any suggestions about how we can improve the game fire 'em in they will be given plenty of consideration before we roll out the next one. I take your point on possibly having more riders in each category - certainly be good to have more all rounders.

ourdave | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi guys. I really enjoyed doing this, many thanks for laying it on! Can't wait for next year! Giro?!  4

A quick query - if each member of a stage winners team gets a bonus 5 points how does Tom Danielson end up with only 2 points from stage 21?  7

Cheers,
Dave

simonmb | 13 years ago
0 likes

Dave and Tony (but probably mostly Dave  1 ), thanks for putting on Fantasy Vuelta and for battling through the glitches and gremlins - none of which ultimately prevented any of the fun. There were some incredible scores racked up, not by my team though. Anyway, I look forward to doing it again - whenever you're ready. Thanks again.

0 likes

Yes, big props to Dave for building both the fantasy games, my sole contribution was the vague notion that it might be a nice thing to do.

We shouldn't forget the unsung hero of all this either - Simon, he made loads of useful suggestions when it came to formulating the game play and along with Dave he's been the one putting the scores on the doors and generally keeping an eye out for potential problems… and making sure they all got sorted too. Thanks to both of them.

0 likes

Hmm… ourdave, certainly sounds like he should have had more, we'll look in to it  1

sagard | 13 years ago
0 likes

Awesome job with the game and getting the scoring updates done in such a short time!

Is there any listing of the fantasy team stage winners?

0 likes

Stage 1: top score is 172 by JRB_RC (LabMonkey), team viper (viper), fdringo (antomeno), Team Murray (boraboca),
Stage 2: top score is 82 by keanus bike (hellokitty),
Stage 3: top score is 115 by Farsan Bortolo (marxtrom),
Stage 4: top score is 160 by Robabank (alexlnumber1),
Stage 5: top score is 118 by Saeco Par Cafe (Brian Lynch),
Stage 6: top score is 105 by elektra (elektra),
Stage 7: top score is 101 by Robabank (alexlnumber1),
Stage 8: top score is 173 by jaccojansen (jaccojansen),
Stage 9: top score is 94 by equipo del Cielo (JAndrewHill),
Stage 10: top score is 96 by eaju (eaju),
Stage 11: top score is 141 by Maximum Pasty (ourdave),
Stage 12: top score is 98 by errekarte (errekarte),
Stage 13: top score is 106 by Ghostriders (Ghostrider),
Stage 14: top score is 156 by cheshire cats (wihsford dave),
Stage 15: top score is 135 by Cats Vs Paine (Lance-n-Treacle),
Stage 16: top score is 147 by errekarte (errekarte),
Stage 17: top score is 133 by Sagard's Rolling All-Stars (sagard),
Stage 18: top score is 110 by Arolko-team (Arolko),
Stage 19: top score is 127 by unkemped erberts (unkemped),
Stage 20: top score is 157 by Footon Shack 2 (hrotha),
Stage 21: top score is 115 by Team Rocket (nishithpandya),

0 likes

Danielson's points have now been updated too...

Thanks for bearing with us on this one, I know there were some gremlins at the start and it was hard for us to sort them out since we were at Eurobike... we've learnt some stuff for next year though. Giro? Deffo.

timbola | 13 years ago
0 likes

Dave, my 12-year old and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Fantasy Vuelta - many thanks. We were slightly gutted to finish 12th, just 9 points out of the prizes  2 We did the same in the Fantasy Tour de France, namely assumed the 2 KOM main-players would fight it out on Stage 20 ! Nope, we should have kept Roche, instead of swapping him for Moncoutie. C'est la vie - roll on the next year and if you have the stamina, a Giro one would be great, too. Tim and his Cyclic Cephalopod son, Hamish.  16

alexlnumber1 | 13 years ago
0 likes

2 stage wins but no prizes this time. Boo!!! 14th overall. Great game guys, totally addicted to it. Keep up the good work and roll on next season! Cheers!

0 likes

That does seem a bit harsh alexlnumber1 you not getting a price and all - hold on, just seen your sig…  1

Well… as it was two wins, if you didn't get a road.cc t-shirt last time drop us a line

LabMonkey | 13 years ago
0 likes

Has anybody received their prizes yet?

0 likes

They are on their way, promise. Cross my heart.

Pages

Latest Comments