Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Vuelta chat

I've picked my team of random picks, just like my lotto numbers.. And I've created a league, number 16279..  19 What's the betting I don't get out of the bottom half of the league again? :''(

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

189 comments

Speedy1319 | 13 years ago
0 likes

This is unacceptable, guys! WeaverValleyWannaBs has only 17 points now for stage 2. He had Mark Cavensish yesterday, but now you don't have him on WeaverValleyWannaBs' points for Stage 2 list. I know this is wrong.  20

Please can you look into this, and assure me that you will fix these problems? It is certainly taking all the fun out of the game, and with prizes at stake too, you really have to get this right!

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

I was tempted when John Lee Augustyn pulled out to break my purist status but have resisted and will send out 8.

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

To Speedy1319 and anyone else having problems, we are aware of the issues and they are being addressed, unfortunately it's happened on a day when most of the team is en route to Eurobike but as soon as we have a chance we will ensure the scores reflect the various transfers etc actually made.

rcs500 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi all,

I just tried to transfer out two of my riders who abandoned (grey riders), and the screen said i had 4 transfers available. But after moving in 2 riders to take the grey riders' places, suddenly I have no transfers left! What happened to my other 2 transfers? (The ones I would have had if I had no abandoned riders on my team.)
Thanks,

rcs500

atlaz | 13 years ago
0 likes

Can we make transfers? I don't seem to have any

simonmb replied to demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes
demoff wrote:

I was tempted when John Lee Augustyn pulled out to break my purist status but have resisted and will send out 8.

That's the spirit! Proud of you  41

Itdoesntgetanyeasier | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi, 2 of my riders are greyed out, which I thought meant they have retired but according to the offical Vuelta site David Zabriskie & Carlos Barredo are not in the "Withdrawals" list, even though I have 4 transfers available. Looks like rcs500 may have the same issue?

Cheers
Martin.

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

Right, we're looking in to any transfer issues right now - I've got Zabriskie in my team and he isn't appearing greyed out

LabMonkey | 13 years ago
0 likes

Road.cc - you are doing a great job with this game, don't get worry about the complainers, there are bound to be glitches in a game with 198 riders (and over 800 teams) competing in so many competitions all at the same time.

I for one like the changes you have made from the Fantasy Tour game (but then, I am doing pretty well, 7th overall - Woooo!).

Jon

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

hi guys - sorry about the glitches. we feel your pain, and instead of riding bikes on the eurobike demo day i'm in the press centre trying to fix it over the wires. stay tuned. the problems should be ironed out for the next window. we'll probably revert to the original system for transfers.

0 likes

i've reinstated the old transfer page, there's a link to the new one too if thatt was working okay for you. let us know if you still have problems in the next transfer window...

d198594t@hotmail.com | 13 years ago
0 likes

Still no points for Stage 2! Can anyone help?

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

I'm sure we can d198494

bikedog replied to Super Domestique | 13 years ago
0 likes

HI Dave- great site. What is the story with greyed out riders? I'm doing pretty well with the 5 I have left, but 5 of my picks never made the final start (eg, Vino).

jova54 | 13 years ago
0 likes

The transfer window has not opened. Is there another glitch?

Simon_MacMichael replied to jova54 | 13 years ago
0 likes
jova54 wrote:

The transfer window has not opened. Is there another glitch?

Thanks for flagging that up - we'll have a look.

errekarte | 13 years ago
0 likes

I can't do the changes. When I click over "Transfers", this message is showed:

"No transfer window open

You cannot currently make transfers. Transfer windows run from 6pm to 11am on the day of the next stage" and now is 10:07pm...  3  3

Mini_Wiggo0157 | 13 years ago
0 likes

My mum speedy origanlly chose a team. it was full of people who she liked and who are kind to their mothers. when i saw the team i bursted out laughing at her team because it was never gonna win. she changed parts of her team. turns out that one of the guys who she kept is 1st in the GC. unbelievable.  7  13  20

Mini_Wiggo0157 replied to errekarte | 13 years ago
0 likes

i have the same problem. i can't do my transfers. it also says no transfer window.  7 please someone sort it out.

JAndrewHill replied to Mini_Wiggo0157 | 13 years ago
0 likes

39 I have the same problem with transfers. . . . and boy do I need to makesome.

the fluoxetine kid replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

how do we get to the OLD transfer window? all i can get on my team page is no transfer window open

0 likes

transfer window is now open, apologies for the delay...

0 likes

There is nothing wrong with choosing the 'good guys', son! Philippe Gilbert is liked by everyone......and he is a great 'Classics' rider, too! Yes, I chose him for both reasons. Discuss.

goinggoingbike | 13 years ago
0 likes

Haven't been able to log in for a couple of days and now realised about the transfer window...another day with a team of only 7 riders (a bit like Team SKY!)

LOL

davemchol | 13 years ago
0 likes

can someonecheck the results for stage 5. No points have been added for Wouter welandt he came forth on the stage behind winner Tyler Farrar. Can someone helpme out with this please.think there was a case of mistaken identity with Weylandt and Tosatto .

0 likes

We'll check, Dave, but rather unhelpfully right now the Vuelta website is showing the GC where it should have the result for Stage 5.

The game results are based on what was on the Vuelta website earlier.

Etsuko Hama replied to Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

while your checking that can you please check the points given to the Lantern Rouge for stage 5. Serafin Martinez came in last but he only got 5 points for leading the mountains classification. He should have got 15 points including the 10 for the Lantern.

Tuffmonkey1908 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi, I am trying to make a transfer but it is saying

"Replace Jose Vicente GARCIA with Mickael DELAGE

This transfer will take you over budget. Please choose another transfer."

Garcia has 4.8, Delage has 5.5 and I have 0.7 credits. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Thanks

0 likes

Mini_Wiggo0157 still has incorrect points for stage 2. He had Mark Cavendish on that stage, but that bit has totally disappeared from the points scored. Can this be looked into, please?

0 likes

Re the two queries from yesterday's Stage 5.

Davemchol - correct, Tossato was initially given 4th as a result of wrong ID, correct 4th place was his team mate Weylandt, so he now has the points instead.

Etsuko Hama - unlike our Fantasy TDF game, in this one the Lanterne Rouge is the last rider in GC, not on stage (see rules), so sorry, no points for Martinez - in any event, official results we have show Riblon as last on yesterday's stage.

Pages

Latest Comments