Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Vuelta chat

I've picked my team of random picks, just like my lotto numbers.. And I've created a league, number 16279..  19 What's the betting I don't get out of the bottom half of the league again? :''(

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

189 comments

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

I mean an overall listing, not a league. One that checks if you've made any transfers.

simonmb replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

I mean an overall listing, not a league. One that checks if you've made any transfers.

That'd be great Dave. Is there a 'cut-off' point for the Pro Teams? Can they substitute riders up right up to the start of the race? I guess so. That way they, and us Fantasy Vuelta players too, at least get to start with a full team of 9.

0 likes

Lots of all rounders got the chop from provisional squads which is why we're not left with many. Agreed, it's a bit of a pain but we can't shift riders from one category to another now, we'd be in database hell if we did...;-)

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

Beyond the obvious ones my knowledge of Spanish riders is pretty slim - I'm treating the first week as a learning excercise on that one - I reckon that because rider values will change as the race progresses we'll pretty soon get an idea of which Spanish riders are worth their place on the team. Hopefully  39

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

Valverde's Spanish and pretty useful on a bike. What a Piti he can't defend his Vuelta title because of that little blood bag bother  3

JAndrewHill replied to Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

As we need to pick 2 allrounders, we could really do with a few more to pick from . . . like double the number of KM, PC and GC picks, as we only need 1 of them. But its a bit late to make TL an allrounder now  7

0 likes

just updated the rider list. if any of your riders have been greyed out, just go to 'pick team' to pick someone else...

Super Domestique replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

just updated the rider list. if any of your riders have been greyed out, just go to 'pick team' to pick someone else...

Yep, lost 3 of my original chosen few like that.

bikedog replied to Super Domestique | 13 years ago
0 likes

HI Dave- great site. What is the story with greyed out riders? I'm doing pretty well with the 5 I have left, but 5 of my picks never made the final start (eg, Vino).

jayme replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

If I transfer out a greyed in rider now will I still be in the Purist league?

Jayme

0 likes

on the list of things to do  1

LabMonkey replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Fantastic, here is a pretty up to date start list:

http://vuelta.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&edit...

Jon

LabMonkey | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave,

When are you likely to update the team lists, as riders like Rein Taaramae (Cof) were withdrawn and replaced by Rémi Pauriol (I think) about a week ago?

Really looking forward to this game starting on Sunday!

Cheers, Jon

Simon_MacMichael replied to LabMonkey | 13 years ago
0 likes
LabMonkey wrote:

Really looking forward to this game starting on Sunday!
Cheers, Jon

The Team Time Trial may have an evening start, but it will still (just) be Saturday evening local time  3

0 likes

Revo - tried clicking on 'pick team'? I logged in as you (the power!) And it worked for me...

TEAMSKY | 13 years ago
0 likes

Fantasy league for Team SKY fans - 16359  16 all welcome

therevokid | 13 years ago
0 likes

hhmmm Juan Jose Cobo is now not riding, but I'm not
able to transfer in a new climber  2

dave atkinson replied to therevokid | 13 years ago
0 likes
therevokid wrote:

hhmmm Juan Jose Cobo is now not riding, but I'm not
able to transfer in a new climber  2

really? what happens when you try? if there's a problem we'll try and fix it

Ms Morthern Rebel | 13 years ago
0 likes

Well, this is exciting, have not got a clue what I am meant to do but I have picked my team and I am looking forward to the event  1

therevokid | 13 years ago
0 likes

team picked and ready to roll  4

James Warrener | 13 years ago
0 likes

I think he got off for lack of evidence.

bikedog | 13 years ago
0 likes

1st timer on the Fantasy league, not planning on changing riders. I guess I am a purist that way.

I was kind of surprised to see Pelizotti on the list. I thought he'd been busted for doping & was serving a ban.
ANyone know the story there?

mperrone | 13 years ago
0 likes

Feel free to hop into the "All you Haters" league:# 16300

bikeandy61 | 13 years ago
0 likes

But I too hadn't seen the "Press this to save changes" button so I got another go at selecting a team. Not sure it will make any difference!

bikeandy61 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Yes picked my team based on an individual TT prologue. That will teach me. Are we allowed to pick a totally different team before the start of the race?

No Gerraint Thomas to give me a huge pick off in this one.

Lets see how things go (badly).  39

Blackhound | 13 years ago
0 likes

I know its only a game and not serious or anything, though the first prize is worth having, but I don't like the transfer rule.

To me you should pick a team of 9 riders and they end up being good or bad or fall off early on and retire. In real life you would be unable to change riders.

Good luck to all the participants.

simonmb replied to Blackhound | 13 years ago
0 likes
Blackhound wrote:

In real life you would be unable to change riders.

Agreed. I stuck with my team through the TdF, mostly because I was too lazy to transfer riders in-and-out, but I prefer to see myself as 'loyal' and to use bikedog's term also 'a purist'. I'm planning to extend my romantic notion to the Vuelta too. If anyone else fancies a league where transfers are eschewed I've set up 'The Purists' - 16377. All welcome to join, and on gentleman's trust that you don't sneak in the mid-Vuelta flyer  23

dave atkinson replied to simonmb | 13 years ago
0 likes
simonmb wrote:
Blackhound wrote:

In real life you would be unable to change riders.

Agreed. I stuck with my team through the TdF, mostly because I was too lazy to transfer riders in-and-out, but I prefer to see myself as 'loyal' and to use bikedog's term also 'a purist'. I'm planning to extend my romantic notion to the Vuelta too. If anyone else fancies a league where transfers are eschewed I've set up 'The Purists' - 16377. All welcome to join, and on gentleman's trust that you don't sneak in the mid-Vuelta flyer  23

Maybe for the next one we'll do a separate 'purist' league. Actually i might even be able to do it for this one if i get my thinking cap on...

James Warrener | 13 years ago
0 likes

In, and in it to win it !

(but set up to fail)

0 likes

do you press 'make changes'?

cause if you don't, it doesn't save your team

Pages

Latest Comments