Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Vuelta chat

I've picked my team of random picks, just like my lotto numbers.. And I've created a league, number 16279..  19 What's the betting I don't get out of the bottom half of the league again? :''(

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

189 comments

LabMonkey | 13 years ago
0 likes

Has anybody received their prizes yet?

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

They are on their way, promise. Cross my heart.

0 likes

yeah we're currently thinking about how it'll work. more on that soon...  39

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

Funnily enough, though, some of the smaller stage races - Tour Down Under and Tour of California last year, for example - make it reasonably easy for the average punter to find out who's racing by making periodic announcements of teams in the build-up to the race  1

0 likes

yeah something like that  1

cable43 | 13 years ago
0 likes

New guy here... stoppin in to say hello! - hello. Safe riding all!

LabMonkey replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

They are on their way, promise. Cross my heart.

Fantastic... Cheers Dave!

Can't wait for the season long game next year... How about combining all of the 'Pro Tour' races?

0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

yeah we're currently thinking about how it'll work. more on that soon...  39

Any news on which races are likely to go into the new game?

Might be easiest to have the Classics and World Champs alongside the three Grand Tours?

I bet trying to get start lists in advance of the smaller stages races could be a bit of a headache.

0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

yeah something like that  1

That would be fantastic  1

The fantasy Tour and Vuelta games have put the joy and excitement back into viewing pro cycling for me - thank you road.cc!

dave atkinson replied to LabMonkey | 13 years ago
0 likes
LabMonkey wrote:

I bet trying to get start lists in advance of the smaller stages races could be a bit of a headache.

indeed, and we probably won't go down that route for those races, you might be on your own trying to work out who's racing and who's not  1

0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

indeed, and we probably won't go down that route for those races, you might be on your own trying to work out who's racing and who's not  1

So you might provide complete rider rosters for the season (25 riders per team?) and we 'do the research' ourselves for each race... that fill my mornings in the office quite nicely!

I still think I would like to see all of the 'classics', the three grand tours and the worlds making up the season long fantasy game for 2011.

cav-meister | 13 years ago
0 likes

thanks man.

alexlnumber1 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi guys, couple of queries about my team. I transfered Denis Galimzyanov into my team for Stage 12 but somehow Julian Dean appeared there instead. Also way back on stage 2 I had Matt Goss in my team but it registered as Xavier Tondo. It won't make a huge amount of difference but could someone take a look please! Ta in advance!

0 likes

we'll have a check. like your sig  1

ourdave | 13 years ago
0 likes

Evening guys. Because of Igor Anton's intimate moment with the tarmac today, I should have had three transfers (and it said as much on the transfer page). Trouble is that I swapped Anton and 1 other rider and I am now told I have used all my available transfers.  7  20

Any ideas on what I can do here? Thanks.

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi ourdave, sounds like a job for, err, our Dave, who's otherwise engaged tonight but we'll get him on it first thing, so check back ahead of the 11am deadline.

Lee Ramont | 13 years ago
0 likes

I as well had four transfers available today due to ANTON and GALIMZYANOV, but after I made three it said I had no transfers left. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with this, so thank you again!

timbola | 13 years ago
0 likes

I had exactly the same problem as ourdave - I thought Anton's demise should have left me with 3 transfers instead of the 2 I found. Gutted for the rider, mind - only 7km from the finish was even worse.

bikingscot | 13 years ago
0 likes

and again, same here. It said I had three transfers but I made two and then it said I had used all my transfers. Not sure I'll get a chance to change again tomorrow.

Be really good if you stuck with the basic system as used in the fantasy tdf without the varying score values, it just seems to have cocked everything up. Still showing weird transfer goings on with my team, with riders subbed in twice but never moved out according to my team page...

Hoops | 13 years ago
0 likes

Ive had no points since stage 9 can anyone help????

Cheers

0 likes

Hm - i managed to make three, but i did it on the javascript based picker, so you could try that page, there's a link on the transfers page.

Apologies that we've had some issues with the game. It's the transfer system rather than the changing values that's been the issue but we're working to fix it... come next year when we roll out the shiny new season-long game it'll be a thing of wonder, so bear with us and sorry for the glitches...

kentdowner | 13 years ago
0 likes

Same problem here, supposed to have three transfers due to GALIMZYANOV but have just been told I've had my two transfers and that's it! BTW, what happened to Galimzyanov as didn't find out yesterday during Eurosport's coverage, and can't find anything on the race reports here or CyclingNews?

Not doing too bad, at 505 and didn't even start team until Stage 6 (was on holiday until Stage 4, and then forgot to save team for Stage 5, doh!).

bikingscot | 13 years ago
0 likes

Ah unfortunately Transfers page won't let me try javascript option, just says Transfers already complete....

davemchol | 13 years ago
0 likes

hi can only make 2 out of 3 transfers has this been sorted out yet please? only 15 minutes before the deadline

martyntr | 13 years ago
0 likes

I should have 3 transfers today due to Igor Anton's tarmac liaisons.... swapped him out and now should have 2 left..... but only can complete 1......  14

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

We're working on this, but as you've probably already guessed the fix isn't going to be ready for the start of today's stage. It will be fixed as soon as possible though and hopefully today's transfer issues will be resolved too, so that you get the riders you'd wanted for today's stage

0 likes

i've been in with my code spanner to knock a few cogs and suck my teeth a bit, and the transfers issue should be resolved, apologies to anyone that was affected yesterday,

Hoops | 13 years ago
0 likes

can anyone advise on how to get my points from stage 10 till now? my team is still sitting on stage 9

martin | 13 years ago
0 likes

I am in the purist league, 29th, one of my riders has withdrawn, can I replace him and still be in the purist league?

Speedy1319 | 13 years ago
0 likes

WeaverValleyWannaBs Mini_Wiggo0157 has not yet got his stage 17 points - could you update it please?

Thanks!

Pages

Latest Comments