Home

I've picked my team of random picks, just like my lotto numbers.. And I've created a league, number 16279..  19 What's the betting I don't get out of the bottom half of the league again? :''(

189 comments

Super Domestique [1609 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Yep, got my team together. Hope to do better this time. Doubt I'd beat my prologue score though as I had 4 riders in the top ten then!

dave atkinson [6258 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

unlikely i'll be in the top 5% again. ever again. unless i put some kind of cheat/easter egg thing in where you transfer in certain riders and you get a 1,000 point bonus  4

Tony Farrelly [2871 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Shall we make this thread sticky as the place to talk about all things Fantasy Vuelta?

Might as well…

Tony Farrelly [2871 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I haven't picked my team yet, made the mistake of not concentrating at the start last time out + the Vuelta format is a bit different from the Tour with the TTT start at a ludicrous hour and climbing featuring really early as well.

Thomas Lovkvist was I think the only ever-present in my Tour team- not the biggest point scorer mind. Might have him in this time too*… I'm a big believer in the importance of continuity in building team spirit  1

*as long as he doesn't cost too much

Chuffy [201 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

My team keeps vanishing! I've picked them twice now and when I go back to check, I've got an empty team sheet and 150 credits unspent...

Is someone so afraid of Team Hot Sauce that I'm being nobbled before the start?  39

gandberg [175 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Team disappeared quicker than a photo of a fridge full of Lances blood being watched by 'Roid Landis. Whats going on?

Simon_MacMichael [2466 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Sorry chaps, we'll get Dave out with the magic spanner in the morning to find out what happened!

0 likes

do you press 'make changes'?

cause if you don't, it doesn't save your team

0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

do you press 'make changes'?

cause if you don't, it doesn't save your team

It took me three attempts to work that out btw  13

James Warrener [1083 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

In, and in it to win it !

(but set up to fail)

Blackhound [447 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I know its only a game and not serious or anything, though the first prize is worth having, but I don't like the transfer rule.

To me you should pick a team of 9 riders and they end up being good or bad or fall off early on and retire. In real life you would be unable to change riders.

Good luck to all the participants.

bikeandy61 [538 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Yes picked my team based on an individual TT prologue. That will teach me. Are we allowed to pick a totally different team before the start of the race?

No Gerraint Thomas to give me a huge pick off in this one.

Lets see how things go (badly).  39

bikeandy61 [538 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

But I too hadn't seen the "Press this to save changes" button so I got another go at selecting a team. Not sure it will make any difference!

mperrone [14 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Feel free to hop into the "All you Haters" league:# 16300

bikedog [20 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

1st timer on the Fantasy league, not planning on changing riders. I guess I am a purist that way.

I was kind of surprised to see Pelizotti on the list. I thought he'd been busted for doping & was serving a ban.
ANyone know the story there?

James Warrener [1083 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I think he got off for lack of evidence.

therevokid [971 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

team picked and ready to roll  4

Ms Morthern Rebel [43 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Well, this is exciting, have not got a clue what I am meant to do but I have picked my team and I am looking forward to the event  1

therevokid [971 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

hhmmm Juan Jose Cobo is now not riding, but I'm not
able to transfer in a new climber  2

0 likes
therevokid wrote:

hhmmm Juan Jose Cobo is now not riding, but I'm not
able to transfer in a new climber  2

really? what happens when you try? if there's a problem we'll try and fix it

TEAMSKY [3 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Fantasy league for Team SKY fans - 16359  16 all welcome

0 likes

Revo - tried clicking on 'pick team'? I logged in as you (the power!) And it worked for me...

LabMonkey [97 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave,

When are you likely to update the team lists, as riders like Rein Taaramae (Cof) were withdrawn and replaced by Rémi Pauriol (I think) about a week ago?

Really looking forward to this game starting on Sunday!

Cheers, Jon

0 likes

on the list of things to do  1

Simon_MacMichael [2466 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
LabMonkey wrote:

Really looking forward to this game starting on Sunday!
Cheers, Jon

The Team Time Trial may have an evening start, but it will still (just) be Saturday evening local time  3

simonmb [353 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Blackhound wrote:

In real life you would be unable to change riders.

Agreed. I stuck with my team through the TdF, mostly because I was too lazy to transfer riders in-and-out, but I prefer to see myself as 'loyal' and to use bikedog's term also 'a purist'. I'm planning to extend my romantic notion to the Vuelta too. If anyone else fancies a league where transfers are eschewed I've set up 'The Purists' - 16377. All welcome to join, and on gentleman's trust that you don't sneak in the mid-Vuelta flyer  23

LabMonkey [97 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Fantastic, here is a pretty up to date start list:

http://vuelta.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&edit...

Jon

0 likes

just updated the rider list. if any of your riders have been greyed out, just go to 'pick team' to pick someone else...

0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

just updated the rider list. if any of your riders have been greyed out, just go to 'pick team' to pick someone else...

Yep, lost 3 of my original chosen few like that.

JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

TL is a real bargain. But I think you need spaniards in this fantasy. And I do not know any good spaniards , , , Fernando Torres. . . does he ride a bike?

Pages