Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking to do a company outing for a few cyclist maybe in the New Foreast - any suggestions?

Hello

Looking to do a company outing for a few cyclists maybe in the New Foreast - any suggestions / recommendations. About 60 miles if possible.

Thanks for any wisdom

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simontuck | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have a friend that organises tours. Look Dyll up at 'Viva Velo'. They took a group from Beating Bowel Cancer and Waitrose up on a 4 day 300 mile ride last year and can help from providing a ride captain to organising hotel accomodation and vehicle support if you want to go that far. I can't recommend them enough.

https://www.vivavelo.uk/all-news/le-tour-de-group-k-beating-bowel-cancer-one-pedal-stroke-at-a-time/

part_robot | 7 years ago
0 likes

My favorite route: Ringwood > Blashford > Rockford >  Linwood > Hungerfood > Fordingbridge > Godshill > Telegraph Hill > Brook > Rufus Stone (sorry about A31 bit) > Emery Down > Beaulieu Road > Beaulieu (for cakes) > Brockenhurst > Boldre > Lymington > Milford on Sea > Barton on Sea > Bransgore > Sandford > Ringwood.  Exactly 100km. Does almost the entire boundary of the New Forest with a couple of bits in the middle.

Would share map but it has some flaws that need fixing due to changes in roads.

If you can find a way of avoiding the damn A31 bit it's perfect. Harsh winds across the forest though if you don't plan well.

Personally I'd be more inclined to go out Cranbourne way though as it's hillier and stunning in places.

kil0ran | 7 years ago
1 like

UK Cycling Events New Forest Spring is the next one. 8th or 9th of April and either 50 or 80 mile routes. Actual route hasn't been defined yet but based on the start location expect it to head south of Ringwood, across to Burley and then via Fordingbridge back to the start. Good riding on relatively quiet roads and won't be too challenging. 80-mile version will either head along the coast to Lepe or possibly further north around Downton.

For a bigger challenge I'd recommend riding out to the west of Fordingbridge in the Cranborne Chase area - the early season Wiltshire Wildcat is a good event with a lot more climbing than the relatively flat New Forest routes. 

https://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/cycling-weekly-wiltshire-wildca...

mike the bike | 7 years ago
1 like

You might do worse than contact Wessex CTC who run the annual 'Gridiron', plus many other rides, in that area.  They are a lovely bunch of people and may offer good advice.

peted76 | 7 years ago
1 like

It's a bit vague... 

What are you asking for? A route? Logistics? On or off road (new forest is brill fun for a bit of off road trail riding...)

You could join up with an existing sportif in the area, there are a few in and around the New Forest, just bring your lot along and give em all jerseys to make em feel like part of a team?

Team EPO replied to peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

peted76 wrote:

It's a bit vague... 

What are you asking for? A route? Logistics? On or off road (new forest is brill fun for a bit of off road trail riding...)

You could join up with an existing sportif in the area, there are a few in and around the New Forest, just bring your lot along and give em all jerseys to make em feel like part of a team?

Looking for a road event to take part in, there seems to be lots to choose from so wondering if anyone on the forum has any recommendations as to which is best.

Thanks

Latest Comments