Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stages Gen 2 Power Meter

Bought a Stages Generation 1 power meter, had it replaced by Stages because of the battery issue they had. 

The Stages Gen 2 they sent me seems to be going the same way, battery discharging after one ride. Does anybody have the same issue or have a solution? 

Many thanks 

Chris 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

spongebob | 7 years ago
0 likes

I am in exactly the same boat, I bought a stages PM last summer and it lasted about 7 months before draining batteries overnight, I sent it back and received a gen 2 PM, this lasted around 4 months before draining the battery, I persisted with removing and reinserting the battery and eventually the unit stopped working entirely. I've now sent off the unit to be replaced again.

I am thinking of selling the unit when they send me a new one and replacing it with a different system as I believe the Stages is fundamentally flawed.

Surely they should not be allowed to sell this product...

themightybooj | 7 years ago
0 likes

I thought my batteries were dying quickly in my Stages, but I tried them in another device and they worked, so I figured it may be a connection problem with the power meter.  I shoved a little bit of thin carboard between the battery and the plastic cover and I've not had a problem since...

Jackson | 7 years ago
0 likes

Stupid question probably but is it getting wet? My one has run out overnight on 4-5 occasions overnight after wet rides. The battery O-ring sealing system isn't great.

Chops539 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I'd still like a bit more out of a battery than a week. 

Charlie-CarbsAn... | 7 years ago
0 likes

Mine does dischare more regularly than usual

First battery lasted 3-4 months

Next one 1-month

And so on

some have only lasted a week or two

Not sure whats going on - firmware has been updated

Apart from the battery it is great (as long as the numbers are right)

Latest Comments