Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kids' Track Bike

Any suggestions for a good children's (7-8 year old) track bike?  I'm looking at the Hoy Meadowbank 24" at the moment and it looks pretty decent.  

I see that the Islabikes Reiss is no longer available (and he rides one of those at the club, so will probably want one a bit different!).

Frog is the other one I've looked at but apart from being a fairly unpleasant green colour, I can't see that it has any particular advantage over the Hoy?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Richard1982 | 7 years ago
0 likes
The Hoy track bikes are great (in my opinion). I race on a Fiorenzuola .001 and my local velodrome has the Firorenzuola .002 / Meadowbank available for hire. They've been well recieved by all here  1
Izaak30 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dan. I have the 650 version for sale probably v soon if interested. Don't know if you can pm or not for further information...

Dan S replied to Izaak30 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Izaak30 wrote:

Hi Dan. I have the 650 version for sale probably v soon if interested. Don't know if you can pm or not for further information...

I think the 650 is likely to be way too big.  I'm not convinced he'll fit the 24"!  Trying a 24" on Sunday, mIght drop you a pm if that changes my mind on sizing  1

Izaak30 replied to Dan S | 7 years ago
0 likes

Dan S wrote:

Izaak30 wrote:

I think the 650 is likely to be way too big.  I'm not convinced he'll fit the 24"!  Trying a 24" on Sunday, mIght drop you a pm if that changes my mind on sizing  1

ok. Suspect I'll have bike a while longer yet

riotgibbon | 7 years ago
0 likes

last time I was at a velodrome, a lot of the kids had brought their own Dolan's!

but the velodrome bikes were Modas:

http://kidsracing.co.uk/kids-bikes/type/track-bikes-youth-velodrome/

Latest Comments