Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Insuring your bike for racing…

Hi All
I've got my race bike (£4k) insured through M&S with 'away from home' cover - this DOES NOT however, cover me for racing local crits etc - I've checked and it's not an upgrade option either, so I wondered if anybody can offer any advice other than the company available through British Cycling's website @ £307 a year!
Andy

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

I didn't say it was a race I said Sportives with a ? to give the guy an idea who to ring as they might know or be able to cover him for racing  26

But thanks for correcting me if I gave the wrong impression.  26

crazy-legs | 13 years ago
0 likes

E and L insurance will cover racing for sportives?

A Sportive is not a race and it's not covered under the same insurance.

British Cycling, E&L, Cycleguard and Evans Cycles (through Cycleguard) do race options.
Of course it's not cheap but then when your ultralight carbon frame goes skidding across the tarmac, a yearly premium of £300 is less painful than a one-off of £3000 to replace it!

skippy | 13 years ago
0 likes

THE way the Racers crash their bikes in Grand Tours Must make the Insurers Shudder !
Insurance Premiums is not a way to get rich quick for any org. these days, even if the cause of the claims are documented/videoed there will always be a "get out Clause" for the insurance co!
With all my bikes i have never been able to find a way to insure them and travelling by air has always resulted in a damage report rarely responded to even though the "Airline Rep." has been on hand whilst the Obviously damaged Carton/Box has been unpacked at the delivery point!
Of Course, the Charge of £25 for carriage is "at your own risk"! What do you expect when the fork lift driver could care less about sticking the prongs through the Carton thus damaging the contents! , Tossing the Carton throgh the air onto the carousel ! Kicking the box along instead of pushing /lifting all 15kilo of it !
Even when carried free by "Berlin Express " there was need of a "damage report" with their agent on hand to observe the unpacking ! Easy Jet use third parties who are a waste of space even tell you that you must have done the damage as you drag it to their area for inspection before opening !

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

E and L insurance will cover racing for sportives?

As pointed out by Crazy legs Sportives are not races and my idea was to point you in the direction of insurance companies that may deal with racing insurance which E&L may or may not deal.

26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26  26

Latest Comments