Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sock game

Yay or nay?

https://twitter.com/_dottigirl_/status/789833071759687680

Too Witchy? Should they be under the tights? The stirrups on my club tights are really loose.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

psling | 7 years ago
3 likes

One leg over, one leg under; make a statement, you know it's the way to go smiley

Rapha Nadal | 7 years ago
0 likes

Under, always under.

fenix | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've always worn socks underneath my longs - but whatever works for you.

Its almost overshoe time anyway so it wont matter !

VeloPeo | 7 years ago
2 likes

BAN THIS SICK FILTH!!!!!

Moza | 7 years ago
1 like
Awavey | 7 years ago
0 likes

look fine to me and Im not getting the witchy vibe from them, stripey socks are cool   1 Id probably wear socks over too as Im not mad keen on stirrupy type tights for comfort or that they look odder with the socks under but thats just me., but actually Im more surprised the cycling fashion police havent frothed more about  navy tights  4

dottigirl replied to Awavey | 7 years ago
0 likes

Awavey wrote:

but actually I'm more surprised the cycling fashion police havent frothed more about  navy tights  4

As mentioned, they're club kit, but you can't see the detailing above the pic.

I tried to wear socks under tights today, but it just looked bulky and odd.

The _Kaner | 7 years ago
0 likes

I hate stirrup type tights. Best to cut them off...or not have them in the first place. As for socks over or under...if you want people to see them - over...if not - under.
I'd hope people aren't actually judging a cyclist by how they display their socks.(but then, isn't the cycling fraternity/sorority one of the most snobbish judgemental cliques going....)

barbarus | 7 years ago
0 likes

socks > stirrups

Anyway it's coming up to Halloween so don't worry about the witchiness!

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Both ways work, depends how you pull it off. Always find white socks under tights look a tad goofy for example. Patterned socks over the top bit more hip, usually. Black and black, best under, nice and elegant/classic looking. 

CygnusX1 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Too witchy? Guess that depends on whether your skid lid is conical, and your frame is made from broom handles.

Seriously though, looks fine.

Simontuck | 7 years ago
0 likes

looks fine. If you wore them under you'd see the stirrup. If you have nice socks you may as well show them. Mine are mostly hidden under shoe covers......

Lincolndave | 7 years ago
1 like

I always wear mine under , but don't ask me why

the only time I wore socks over my trousers/ jeans was down to them catching in the chainset

Latest Comments