Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Adjusting saddle angle

My bike (Mongoose hybrid) has a single bolt for the saddle clamp: I've been trying to get the saddle a bit more nose up (ideally level, but y'know...).   So I undo the bolt, adjust the saddle, then tighten the bolt again.   Except that as I tighten the bolt, I can actually see the nose of the saddle move down again.

Is there something blindingly obvious that I'm missing here?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Roadie_john | 7 years ago
0 likes

Nose up is the way to go for me too. Not by much, but definitely just up from the horizontal.

brooksby | 7 years ago
0 likes

I realised after some fiddling that I had to loosen the bolt a certain amount to open up the clamp and move the saddle fore/aft, but then had to loosen it quite a lot more to be able to freely change the angle.   I've now got the saddle set quite far back, and the nose is pointing ever so slightly up.

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

Don't let others judge your bike setup. What works for you works for you. I have my saddles pointing slighty up on all my bikes.

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
1 like

Yes, set it slightly too high and as the bolt tighens it will pull it into the position you desire

brooksby replied to CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
1 like

CXR94Di2 wrote:

Yes, set it slightly too high and as the bolt tighens it will pull it into the position you desire

Thats great! Thank you.

Latest Comments