Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

First Cycling Ride Experience

Very well only had my first road bike Giant 4 for a week and already been on two rides which were around 7 miles each. 
The first ride I discovered hard going as not recently been on a bike for some time and use to driving hybrids and the second ride I came across better after making some changes to seat and bars.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

kil0ran | 7 years ago
0 likes

First and foremost, enjoy it. My first rides were similar distance and it takes a while for your muscles to adapt to the riding position on a road bike.

Small saddle height and tyre pressure adjustments can make a huge difference to your efficiency (and therefore speed) on the bike - you can end up going quicker for less effort. 

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Welcome to bike riding!

It never gets any easier, you'll just go further and faster, who knows where and on what adventures you and your bike will take you!

In my local area (Warwickshire) there are beginner rides which would be ideal for you. 

Riding in a group makes a massive difference to your confidence on the road, how far you ride and personally I find it hugely enjoyable having a natter and a coffee midway or afterwards too.

Latest Comments