Home

Ah, his 3rd victory. How many more years of dullard riding are we to put up with? I love the tour, the scenery, the sprint finishes and all that but its disappointing it was won by a rider so devoid of any kind of fight in him. With his pathetic pistol salute too.But we didn't see that this time as he didnt win a stage. And that whole chaingate bollocks with Andy Schmuck vowing revenge then pretty much getting off with Shallowberto after the end of the very next stage. WE NEED EXCITEMENT!

6 comments

Super Domestique [1596 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I think we were watching different TdF's mate. I thought it was a decent one.

As for procession, well is not that what we have seen it takes to win a tour with the likes of Lance's teams (no, I am not a Lance hater btw) and even before that Indurain, etc. Any top rider needs a strong team to help him win, it is part of the sport.

Yes, the chaingate affair was a controversy but adds to TdF legend!

At the Bike Show last yeat AC came over as a fairly decent enough bloke too. It's all too easy to hate the number 1 player or team in any sport.

I think we have just seen the start of AS v AC duels that could add some real bite to future tours. Add Vino (also works with cooking  3 ) who should be team leader next time round and a few of the other up and coming riders we saw shine this time out and the TdF looks like it could entertain for a few years to come as well.

Fringe [1047 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

agree with you there mr. SD, was one of the most compelling tours ive seen.. bit of drama nearly everyday and a fight to the finish. all good stuff.

Jon Burrage [998 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I enjoyed the tour, the cobbles, the weather, the climbs. It was a shame that crashes caused so many 'contenders' to drop back such as lance and especially cadel.

I am not a contador fan, there didnt seem to be many contador fans out there either where I was. You could hear the shouts of cheat and doper. I really want someone to come along and give it their all, like alastair brownlee did in the itu triathlon in london yesterday. I want contador, even when in yellow, to look at the tourmalet and say "im going to get you" and leave himself nothing at the top...I know tactics play a part and that winning by 39secs is the same as by 10 minutes but I want to see these guys in pieces at the top.

Fish_n_Chips [397 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

So you want excitement eh?

How about a Ben-Hur style of road riding with whips and blades on the wheels to slice your opponent?!

gandberg [175 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Compared to the giro, with the all out Zoncolan slog fest with Cadel and Basso, this tour seemed fairly sanitised in terms of the race for GC. I mean, everything between AC and AS was just too plum. To be fair I didnt see some of the alpine stages as we were in the Pyrenees riding and then watching the tour, but even so...

Here is what I wanted to say, but better put in the sometimes excellent Blazin Saddles blog:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog/blazin-saddles/article/1018/

The Good Shepherd [47 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Schleck reminds me of that person in a relationship who'se partner cheats on them but they're too needy to break up and keep forgiving them. Seems as though he was looking upon Contador as a bit of a surrogate brother in the absence of Frank, something which Contador perfectly exploited to his own gain.

If Andy had a nasty streak (like a young Armstrong), he could have exacted the 'revenge' that he promised us. Unfortunately, he's just too nice.