Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Boring boring Contrador tdf procession

Ah, his 3rd victory. How many more years of dullard riding are we to put up with? I love the tour, the scenery, the sprint finishes and all that but its disappointing it was won by a rider so devoid of any kind of fight in him. With his pathetic pistol salute too.But we didn't see that this time as he didnt win a stage. And that whole chaingate bollocks with Andy Schmuck vowing revenge then pretty much getting off with Shallowberto after the end of the very next stage. WE NEED EXCITEMENT!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

The Good Shepherd | 13 years ago
0 likes

Schleck reminds me of that person in a relationship who'se partner cheats on them but they're too needy to break up and keep forgiving them. Seems as though he was looking upon Contador as a bit of a surrogate brother in the absence of Frank, something which Contador perfectly exploited to his own gain.

If Andy had a nasty streak (like a young Armstrong), he could have exacted the 'revenge' that he promised us. Unfortunately, he's just too nice.

gandberg | 13 years ago
0 likes

Compared to the giro, with the all out Zoncolan slog fest with Cadel and Basso, this tour seemed fairly sanitised in terms of the race for GC. I mean, everything between AC and AS was just too plum. To be fair I didnt see some of the alpine stages as we were in the Pyrenees riding and then watching the tour, but even so...

Here is what I wanted to say, but better put in the sometimes excellent Blazin Saddles blog:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog/blazin-saddles/article/1018/

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

So you want excitement eh?

How about a Ben-Hur style of road riding with whips and blades on the wheels to slice your opponent?!

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

I enjoyed the tour, the cobbles, the weather, the climbs. It was a shame that crashes caused so many 'contenders' to drop back such as lance and especially cadel.

I am not a contador fan, there didnt seem to be many contador fans out there either where I was. You could hear the shouts of cheat and doper. I really want someone to come along and give it their all, like alastair brownlee did in the itu triathlon in london yesterday. I want contador, even when in yellow, to look at the tourmalet and say "im going to get you" and leave himself nothing at the top...I know tactics play a part and that winning by 39secs is the same as by 10 minutes but I want to see these guys in pieces at the top.

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

agree with you there mr. SD, was one of the most compelling tours ive seen.. bit of drama nearly everyday and a fight to the finish. all good stuff.

Super Domestique | 13 years ago
0 likes

I think we were watching different TdF's mate. I thought it was a decent one.

As for procession, well is not that what we have seen it takes to win a tour with the likes of Lance's teams (no, I am not a Lance hater btw) and even before that Indurain, etc. Any top rider needs a strong team to help him win, it is part of the sport.

Yes, the chaingate affair was a controversy but adds to TdF legend!

At the Bike Show last yeat AC came over as a fairly decent enough bloke too. It's all too easy to hate the number 1 player or team in any sport.

I think we have just seen the start of AS v AC duels that could add some real bite to future tours. Add Vino (also works with cooking  3 ) who should be team leader next time round and a few of the other up and coming riders we saw shine this time out and the TdF looks like it could entertain for a few years to come as well.

Latest Comments