Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

di2 6870 configuration

hi all

i would like to change the buttons on my shifters to work the other way around but when i connect my sm bcr2 charger to the ew90a junction box it says its not compatible with this bicycle.

the menu it then presents list component that are compatible but mine dont appear on the list ie no 6870 components.

ive checked that the software version for etube project is the latest (im running ancient vista on my even more ancient laptop) and it says its the latest version.

im able to check the internal battery and the jbox for their firmware status and they are upto date but connecting any other component triggers the incompatitbility prompt.

anyone got any ideas?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

Good to hear the good news. Happy riding!

Powerage | 7 years ago
0 likes

VeloUSA you got it right. Seems I was running the latest version of "old" software. 

As soon as I downloaded the 3.01 i was able to reconfigure as I wanted. 

Thanks all. 

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

You didn't mention if you had run e-Tube successfully prior to this last attempt. I suggest you reinstall e-Tube Project version 3.0.1 . Be sure to clean your rig beforehand and close all other applications/tabs before downloading. Report back.

therevokid | 7 years ago
0 likes

interesting. I have an ew90a on mine with a 6870 front/rear setup and st-r785's.

the etube picks them all up without any problems at all and lets me configure

them.

You are selecting "road bike" ?

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I programmed my TT switches 5 way interface and reconfigured my existing switches with Shimano Di2 PCE1 PC Interface Device. I purchased it at the same time I bought my switches

Latest Comments