Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winter 3/4 waist shorts?

Looking for some 3/4 length winter waist shorts (i.e. not bib shorts), preferably Super Roubaix or similar material. All the full length tights I've tried are too long in my waist size so hoping that 3/4s will be the answer but I can't find any without bibs. Have tried Decathlon, Wiggle, Evans, etc - DHB, Endura, Altura etc. don't seem to do anything and neither do Santini...

Any suggestions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

kil0ran | 7 years ago
0 likes

Ended up thinking outside the box slightly and got some non cycling-specific tights to wear over my summer shorts. I already wear M&S Merino thermals as a top base layer so I've now got a full-length pair of their long johns - £25 and very warm but with the usual merino caveat of being a bit baggy and snaggy on hairy legs. I also found these:

http://www.falke.com/uk_en/falke-men-3-4-tights-maximum-warm-black-2431-...

German ski leggings - three-quarters - and seriously warm yet completely breathable. Really nice technical fabric - not entirely sure how they make them but the panels are textured with varying thickness. Also provide light compression which helps keep muscles warm. Highly recommended - I wear them over summer shorts and under my baggies. Someone more athletic than me could probably get away with wearing them as an outer layer as the material is thick and so doesn't go see-thru. Worked perfectly for today's -2 commute to work. They do a merino version and both versions in three lengths and three weights.

antigee | 7 years ago
0 likes

^^as above have a Pearl Izumi pair (mens) excellent bit of kit 

dottigirl | 7 years ago
0 likes

Pearl Izumi? I have the women's version.

Simon E | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've found Altura Stream tights to be shorter than most. You can get them either padded or unpadded.

kil0ran | 7 years ago
0 likes

Cheers will check those out

Have tried various knee warmers but just can't get them to stay put. Stubby legs mean that full length tights (bibs or waist) just don't fit  2

ChancerOnABike | 7 years ago
0 likes

I really rate morvelo's. All their gear is top draw. 

Simon E | 7 years ago
1 like

I like the Polaris 3 Quartz.

Otherwise have you considered roubaix type knee warmers?

The _Kaner replied to Simon E | 7 years ago
0 likes

Simon E wrote:

I like the Polaris 3 Quartz.

Otherwise have you considered roubaix type knee warmers?

same here. 

Latest Comments