Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

'Classic' Dawes Sterling, can anyone assertain a value?

I've not had the Dawes for very long, but it has given me much happiness! I had intended to use it do help build my fitness for my main pastime of Mountain Biking, (sorry if that offends!!).

My mountain bike now needs quite a bit of work to get it up to a good standard again so I may consider sacrificing the Dawes to fund this.

Could anyone advise whether such a bike actually has any real value or is it not really worth selling? I'm not especially keen to part with it, it's such a lovely ride, but the my heart lies in the trails!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

…keep it.

Think these sold for around £700 new, but these days it is only going to be worth a fraction of that., had a quick rootle around and the only price for a  Sterling I could find was an archived sale of a bike that went for 98p (which is an awesome bargain). After a quick look on ebay I reckon you'd get around £30-£40 on there. Don't think that will go very far in fettling an MTB.

So I'd keep it, it looks a really nice bike.

No offence taken btw  1

carlnicholsony2k replied to Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

Mmm, no, that won't buy much! What a sorry state of affairs that I have to keep such a nice bike!! Kind of pleased really, it is very nice to ride!

Thanks mate.

Latest Comments