Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The bike comes first and then there's ...

... and then theres's cake. Lot's of cake, which is why GBBO moving to Channel 4 is such terrible news for cycling 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

EddyP | 7 years ago
0 likes

My girlfriend has been getting into the spirit recently and her entire kitchen is slowly having more and more cakes added to it. Anway, I was round her's last night, as soon as I arrived she proceed to take another cake out of the oven as her niece ran towards me with cake mixture all over her hands.

Needless to say that my recent graduation present of 'trendy' urban cycling clothing https://www.foxwilson.com/ from my girlfriend is now going to cost me a small fortune in dry cleaning.  Oh well, that will teach her for not getting me the Gamin 810 as requested. yes

Personally, I hope that the GBB disappears from our TVs forever and I am spared having to eat even more cake; this goes to show how bad it really is, I never thought I could get bored of cake  3 

inz4ne | 7 years ago
0 likes

Yes! Mary Berry has pulled out. Just Paul to go. I can see tumbleweed blowing through the tent, 40 minutes of nothing, well apart from the usual 20 mins of adverts encouraging you to borrow at excessively high rates and gamble.

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
0 likes

If Mary and Paul leave, channel 4 will just have paid a fortune for a gazebo and some baking trays! 

srchar | 7 years ago
0 likes

I hear that Chris Evans and that bloke who plays Joey in Friends are free and available for presenting work.

theironduck replied to srchar | 7 years ago
0 likes

srchar wrote:

I hear that Chris Evans and that bloke who plays Joey in Friends are free and available for presenting work.

Showstopper challenge:  sponge cenotaph surrounded by doughnuts.  Half baked.

mike the bike | 7 years ago
2 likes

I hear the Bake Off is now short of two presenters?  I also hear Corbyn and Osborne are to lose their constituencies?  You can see where I'm going with this .... lateral thinking!

Leviathan | 7 years ago
0 likes

They are now sayin the BBC has a cool down clause which means no Bake Off 2017. Horror. I bet we will be left with just Paul, no Mary, no Mel+Sue. And adverts every 15 minutes, so an ad in the middle of the show stopper. There already isn't time to show everything in the first couple of weeks. The Horror!!!

There was cake before GBBO, and there will be cake after (immediately after.)

Latest Comments