Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Katie Hopkins hacks Labour Councillor Murad Ghassanly's Twitter account

And starts trolling Westminister Council's promotion of cycling. 

//s15.postimg.org/v1h9z9xaz/Screen_Shot_2016_09_09_at_14_09_35.png)

Okay so maybe not hacked, this Lab councillor Murad Ghassanly, actually thinks cycling is for children and can't wait to buy a 'big electric car'.  Cue Twitter war with cyclists. It's interesting how confidently he spreads anti-cycling rhetoric, no doubt looking to drum up votes from a certain crowd: 

"It's a niche. Bikes are outdated. Actually have to use my legs to move. For kids. Greens are tree huggers. Hate cyclists jumping lights. Boring, bet you're vegetarian.", etc. 

https://twitter.com/MGassanly/with_replies

State of the Labour party today. Regressive trolls like this filling it up, happy to stir up shit for votes. Thought this pic was from a comedy sketch, but no, real deal. Guy spent time on Photoshop making this. Fuckin' hell. 

//pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/757532868037844992/NDpxwG0h.jpg)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

vonhelmet | 7 years ago
1 like

Bet I've got better quads than him.

Leviathan replied to vonhelmet | 7 years ago
0 likes

vonhelmet wrote:

Bet I've got better quads than him.

Nevermind your quads, what  about my calfs?

Leviathan | 7 years ago
1 like

Grown men wearing lycra, heavens. What's good enough for Lord Sugar is good enough for me. Perhaps we can melt down all those medals to pay for the new Houses of Parliament. He seems to be unaware that 1. its very popular, 2. its healthy and Cycle to Work day will save millions in fuel, and cycling saves the NHS millions by cutting obesity, 3. I eat meat, cycling and vegetarianism are not mutual (Cake however...) 4. Bike are just as modern as cars, if not more so in recent years; my one is carbon! Bet you can't lift your Jag up with your little finger.

exilegareth | 7 years ago
2 likes

This piece of rank stupidity probably has more to do with internal Azerbaijani politics than any deep or sensible analysis of transport policy.

tritecommentbot replied to exilegareth | 7 years ago
0 likes

exilegareth wrote:

This piece of rank stupidity probably has more to do with internal Azerbaijani politics than any deep or sensible analysis of transport policy.

Yeah, aspirational nonsense. Get a car and you've somehow made it. Roll the junk heap around BMW showrooms when they're closed dreaming of being behind the wheel some day. Sad as. 

A little self-awareness would be nice. We get the whole emergent middle-class thing. Guarantee you many cyclists, myself included have owned nicer cars than he'll ever drive. People move on, wise up, and do their bit. Save the car/jeep for the big trips. The UK is more developed and nuanced now - it's all about social conscientiousness going forward, it has to be. If you want cred, especially with millenials, and more intellectual boomers, then you have to reject destructive practices. 

The guy's stuck in what we now consider the dark ages. Thinks he's modern because he fancies himself driving an electric Tesla. Total goof-ball. As if electric cars will solve congestion. As if electricity is generated by fairies. 

End of the day, he doesn't ride a bike because 1: he doesn't have the nads for it, and 2: his head's in the clouds. Probably why he went into politics, do some piss-easy campaigning, get votes, get what he considers 'respectability'. 

Anagram of his name says it all laugh

ConcordeCX | 7 years ago
1 like

His name is an anagram of 'manly ass guard'. 

Argos74 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have done extensive research on the internet, and none of them is Owen Smith. One is a cat. One is Elvis. No idea who the other one is, but someone needs to have a word with his hairdresser.

Latest Comments