Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

di2 Firware to mix 6770 and 6870 mechs

Hi all

Can anyone tellme which firmware version i need to have to enable me to program a mix of 6770 abd 6870 di2 please

I have  11 speed levers and rear mech but a 10 speed front and want to run them together

Cheers

Rob

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

kev-s | 7 years ago
0 likes

You will struggle to get the 10 speed front mech to work with the rest of the 11 speed groupset if the battery has been updated to firmware above the front mechs current firmware and you cant install an older firmware in the battery

Your only option is to try an older battery and hope it has an earlier firmware version

You could order a new battery and hope its been on the shelf for some time so would have an older firmware installed

Had a similar issue last year, i built a bike with Ultegra di2 11 speed groupset,  i fully updated it to the latest firmware, bike came back 2 months later as owner wanted to upgrade to Dura ace di2

(just mechs, crank and shifters changed)

System wouldnt work due to the mechs and shifters firmware not being anywhere near the same version as the battery

Couldnt update the mechs and shifters via Shimano's sm-bcr2 chargwer/firmware updater due to the batttery having much newer firmware

I had to connect each indivadual mech and shifter to my Shimano pce-1 diagnostic tool and update their firmware one at a time to the same as the battery before the sytem would play ball

There's more info here about mixing di2 components and the problems it can cause with the firmware

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127234

pablo | 7 years ago
0 likes

Not something ive ever investigated as im all 11 speed but a bit of googling......

If you have a firmware installed that is later than the one listed in the link you can't go back and you will need to go 100% 11 speed. 11 speed durace and ultegra are interchangeable.

http://fitwerx.com/converting-shimano-ultegra-6770-di2-to-11-speed/

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

What's not working? Using 11 speed chain, right?

Latest Comments