Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage 11

No changes today.  Didn't think the KOM guys would be interested in a single cat 1 climb. (Even through Fraile was high in betting and tipping).

Frank and Gesink maybe, but a lot of flat land before the wall. Probably should have swapped out Dombrowski, but for whom?

I keep thinking Meersman might go in the break to scoop up points for the green jersey, but he doesn't.

23 man break has gone with probably Rolland the strongest climber.  But Hermans might time trial away from them.  One lives in hope that the GCs will go for it instead of riding defensively.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

triccky100 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I also ended up with 1,2,3,4 as team was breakaway heavy. Had persisted with Hermans for most of the tour and he did look the strongest of the breakaway. To make it worse he missed out on most combative and finished 21st, even one point would have been nice!!

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Many thanks to Tinkoff. Can't quite work out what they were doing. Only hope Mr Tinkoff is weilding that big stick tomorrow too.

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Same for me no changes for today.

Big question now is will any sprinters make it in Stages 12 & 13 ?

Sniffer | 7 years ago
0 likes

I went Frank and Gesink for Meersman and Hermans.  Didn't get any return on those transfers.

1,2,3,4 on the stage, but I suspect many will have the podium.

Latest Comments