Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

helmets

which helmet i have about £60 to spend giro monza or bell sweep  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

issacforce | 13 years ago
0 likes

thanx for all ur comments, i hane decided to go with the bell sweep which fits well and is light

DaveP | 13 years ago
0 likes

Looking at getting one of those Bell Citi lids, the one in luminescent yellow..

Fishy | 13 years ago
0 likes

My Monza serves me well, I never overheat when not wearing a backpack (important note if your a commuter!)

Fit seems fine, relatively adjustable with washable pads, only downer is at least on my head it seems a bit bulky, but then again if you're only spending mid-range, you only get mid-size!

timlennon | 13 years ago
0 likes

Any advice on helmet fit, btw? And on how long they should last? I remember someone saying to replace it every four years or something ...

(My present one seems fine, but I never have the chin strap tight enough - it seems to gently loosen itself every time I use it.)

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

nice one. nice and comfy?

Super Domestique replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

nice one. nice and comfy?

For sure. Not had one as comfy as this before. My Xen is good but feels heavy after riding in it for a while.

Super Domestique | 13 years ago
0 likes

Ended up with a Monza btw. I liked the look and fit and managed to get it for £50 (rrp£70) so can't complain there.

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

don't know about the Transfer, but the entry level Specialized lids have always had a good reputation - the, even cheaper, Chamonix alway being there or thereabouts when the "Best Buy" stickers are awarded in group tests

TheHatter | 13 years ago
0 likes

Not overly impressed with the fit of my Monza though it is 3 years old. I'm in the market for a new helmet too so I may have a look at the Bell but it seems to be nearer £100?

0 likes

What are the cheap end Giro Transfer and/or Specialized Align like?

They are around the £25 to £30 mark. Are the next models up at approx £50 worth the extra?

0 likes

Another thing I need to buy! I have a very nice Xen from my mtbing but it has a peak and so I reckon I'll be shot by the local roadies soon!!

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

Grumbles (Wish I never got my Bell Sweep when it first came out now everyone is getting one...)

Get the Sweep its really nice and vented (grumble) fits nice too.

Latest Comments