Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

FS Specialized Roubaix Sworks Carbon bike 52 frame with Dura Ace

Specialized S-Works Roubaix – 10 speed Dura Ace
For sale 2006/7 Specialized S-Works Roubaix size 52 frame. Selling as I have 2 other bikes and this has barely been used the last year and is just too nice to sit in the garage doing nothing!!! I have just had new cables, brake pads, cassette and chain fitted so enjoy maintenance free riding for the next year. Also tyres fitted have only about 20 miles on them. This bike has never been crashed or raced and is in immaculate condition and was £2500 new custome built by Bromley bikes. The manufacturers version of the same year was £3500 and the only upgrade on that was the Kysrium wheels. Bars, stem etc on mine are actually superior to manufacturers version. Full details as below:

Frame/Forks: Specialized S-Works roubaix size 52 frame, black.
Not the current ‘wobbly’ shaped tubing but the original and probably stiffer staright profile tubing. Frame weight as per weight weenies 1040 grammes

Groupset: Shimano Dura Ace 7800 10 speed with a couple of exceptions as follows:
Shimano Ultegra 12-27 cassette & chain (new and just fitted). Could not justify the price of Dura Ace for barely any weight savings or performance gains.
TA chainrings: Replaced worn chainrings with TA Specialties ones as once again Dura Ace prices are ridiculous. These are in fact probably lighter than DA and I have never noticed any difference in shifting quality. Everything else is genuine Dura Ace.

Wheels: Mavic Open Pro (black), hand built on Ultegra hubs with 28 spokes front and rear. Fairly light but very durable. Continental GP4000S tyres, only 20 miles approx on these.

Bars: Easton Carbon Anatomic, lightweight at circa 200 grammes

Stem: Thomson X2 black

Seatpost: Specialized S-Works pave carbon post

Saddle: Specialized Toupe (Black)

Pedals: Shimano Ultegra

Computer: Shimano flight deck

This is a lovely bike that I am reluctant to sell as I know how much it would cost me to replace but the fact is I just don’t use it enough to justify keeping it. It is fast, stiff yet retains the comfort that the Roubaix bikes are famed for and would be ideal to race or participate in sportifs on. Any viewings welcome, you will not be disappointed. Buyer collects or can possibly meet within Kent. Sorry no posting as would rather deal with in person and know you are happy with bike before money is exchanged and also for convenience. Price £1075 or first offer over £1000 accepted for quick sale. Please don’t offer me less as I will not accept it, sorry.

For pics or further info please contact me on stevemyers651 [at] hotmail.com

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments