Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The "STEED"

Thomas Cyclery in the USA is proud to announce the "STEED", the carbon Road Bike for today!

See the "STEED" at http://www.thomascyclery.com

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

mike the bike | 7 years ago
1 like

I looked but I was underwhelmed.  It says, "Richly endowed with many features not found on today's road bikes."  And then it lists stuff like carbon frame, carbon bars, carbon wheels  and disc brakes, which we can all agree have never, ever appeared on today's road bikes.

And apparently the Ultegra groupset has, until now, been the preserve of the professionals and aren't we lucky that Thomas Cyclery have decreed the amateurs should have it too.  

And, as if that weren't enough, the word cyclery puts my teeth on edge.

For those reasons, I'm out.

allanj replied to mike the bike | 7 years ago
0 likes

mike the bike wrote:

I looked but I was underwhelmed.  It says, "Richly endowed with many features not found on today's road bikes."  And then it lists stuff like carbon frame, carbon bars, carbon wheels  and disc brakes, which we can all agree have never, ever appeared on today's road bikes.

And apparently the Ultegra groupset has, until now, been the preserve of the professionals and aren't we lucky that Thomas Cyclery have decreed the amateurs should have it too.  

I think you're being unfair.  This bike is "in the front, best of the best, top shelf, premium, superior, select, the best road bike you can ride. "  It even says so on their website.

tmacdon replied to mike the bike | 7 years ago
0 likes

Mike, we're sorry you feel that way - Our goal and intentions are to build and supply "Quality and Affordability" in every bike we put out. We decided on the Ultegra group as being the more affordable groupset, it is nothing we decreed, affordability is our goal - In the near future we will be offering upgrades to Dura-Ace as well as Di2 upgrades for both the Ultegra and Dura-Ace groupsets... knowingly that the upgrades will be costly.

mike the bike wrote:

oldstrath replied to tmacdon | 7 years ago
0 likes

tmacdon wrote:

Mike, we're sorry you feel that way - Our goal and intentions are to build and supply "Quality and Affordability" in every bike we put out. We decided on the Ultegra group as being the more affordable groupset, it is nothing we decreed, affordability is our goal - In the near future we will be offering upgrades to Dura-Ace as well as Di2 upgrades for both the Ultegra and Dura-Ace groupsets... knowingly that the upgrades will be costly.

mike the bike wrote:

The problem is that you talk about carbon frames and Ultegra as if they were new and unknown to 'amateur' riders, which is hardly true. Looks like a perfectly fine bike, but cutting edge? Really? 

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

What's the total weight?

tmacdon replied to tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Total weight is 17 lbs...

unconstituted wrote:

What's the total weight?

Latest Comments