Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Di2 E-tube Setup

Does anyone know if there is a way to setup Di2 shifters in the e-tube software so that they work like Sram Etap i.e. paddle-shift style with two buttons presssed to actuate the front derailleur?

It's easy enough to setup all the left buttons (this is a tt bike setup) to shift to an easier gear and the right to harder, but I don't think there is an option in e-tube yet to work the front derailleur like Etap.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

pwake | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks.

Thought that was the case. I'll just have to wait for Shimano to admit they aren't as innovative as Sram and enable the option. It's already possible with Campag EPS through the MyCampy app.

VeloUSA replied to pwake | 7 years ago
0 likes

pwake wrote:

Thanks.

Thought that was the case. I'll just have to wait for Shimano to admit they aren't as innovative as Sram and enable the option. It's already possible with Campag EPS through the MyCampy app.

Shimano Di2 has been out on the market for near 7 years, so don't fault Shimano for not being innovative. What you're asking for is for Shimano to write new software so wired Di2 can compete head-to-head against wireless eTap double paddle shift. DPS is a SRAM design so I doubt Shimano will follow, or design, or rewrite software similar to SRAM's DPS.

What can be anticipated is a new wireless (possibly 12 speed) groupset from Shimano. Per Takao Harada from Shimano’s component division, “We’ve already tested wireless, but basically we need people to be confident in the system.” - meaning a pro team/s to race with it and provide feedback. This sounds like a 2017 appearance.

kev-s | 7 years ago
0 likes

Not possible within e-tube unfortunatley

Shimano may make it possible to do so in the future but not right at the moment

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

No, there are two different systems.

Latest Comments