Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

anyone modified their Campy thumb shift lever?

Hi,

I've been using Campy 2015 Chorus ergo levers for about a year now and have not really grown to like the one lever one action design. I have Shimano 105 on another bike and the simpler design seems to work better for me. I haven't tried Sram Red but it looks like it could be similar to Campy but without the thumb shifter. I know that Campy use a simpler thumb design on their lower end ergo levers and EPS but you can only shift one gear at a time on the mechanical setup. I don't really see that as a problem so was wondering if I could modify the ultra-shift thumb lever in some way  and make it easier to use on the drops and also be less in-the-way on the hoods. The other issue I have in the drops is that its hit and mis whether I end up shifting one gear or multiple gears at once since the lever action is so heavy. The reason for asking this is to minimize the cost of changing.

Anyone tried making a modification to look maybe a bit more like the EPS thumb lever? The other question might be, is it possible to make Sram Red levers work with Campy derailleurs but thats a whole different issue.

thanks,

Kenendy

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

srchar | 7 years ago
0 likes

Most people would prefer the multiple-shift ability, so I would put an ad in the classifieds to see if anyone wants to swap your Chorus levers for their Potenza levers, assuming you have "A" marked kit.

Rapha Nadal | 7 years ago
0 likes

Heavy shift action?!  Not with Campag Chorus shifters.  Sounds like you may need to recable the bike as this is often the cause of drag and/or a heavy feel.  Plus, less hassle than modding your shifters. 

Latest Comments