Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Clasica San Sebastian open?

When does the Clasica San Sebastian open for team selction?

I am a premium member and not yet open wth only 2 days to go before it starts.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't tell you to be fair, in all honesty I don't have that much contact with Dave. Apart from the other week when I couldn't score a stage, but I know he has been on holiday.

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

ive been laptopless all week, and its still not fixed. This is the first time I have come on since last sunday. So ive not been able to set it up. (even if id managed to set it up I couldn't make it live, nearly happened with Poland but Dave made it live).

If I can fix something I normally do, but there is a lot that I cant even fix, or wouldn't know how to, which is pretty much everything outside of the scores or riders in the race.

Aragonite replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

ive been laptopless all week, and its still not fixed. This is the first time I have come on since last sunday. So ive not been able to set it up. (even if id managed to set it up I couldn't make it live, nearly happened with Poland but Dave made it live).

If I can fix something I normally do, but there is a lot that I cant even fix, or wouldn't know how to, which is pretty much everything outside of the scores or riders in the race.

Are we correct in thinking this game is on it's last legs TER? Certainly starting to sound that way.

Perhaps youcan get in touch with Dave, to see what he has to say. It doesn't seem that he reads the threads on this particular forum.

Sniffer replied to Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Aragonite wrote:

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Are we correct in thinking this game is on it's last legs TER? Certainly starting to sound that way.

Perhaps youcan get in touch with Dave, to see what he has to say. It doesn't seem that he reads the threads on this particular forum.

I do hope you are wrong.  Second year playing and the odd hiccup aside I have really enjoyed it.  I worry that there is limited promotion on the main site though. 

It certainly brings me to the main site more than I would without the game.

Stumps | 7 years ago
0 likes

my apologies everyone came home after a few to many beers and replied. Yes your all correct, the owners are not giving what they promised and to leave it ter and gkam is unfair.

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Or maybe even just promise to reply to comments on the forum...

chrisdstripes | 7 years ago
0 likes

Poor show road.cc - not blaming the volunteers but blaming the fact that you rely on them (him?) way too much for a paid service. Real shame - it's a great format and with more care and attention it could be a fantastic game. I'm afraid if you want to continue taking our money you're going to have to give us some guarantees that you're planning to try a bit harder next year...

Stumps | 7 years ago
0 likes

I disagree over the way the game is run. There must only be 3 or 4 who cover all events which is done in their own time so please give them a break.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to Stumps | 7 years ago
0 likes

AWPeleton wrote:

I disagree over the way the game is run. There must only be 3 or 4 who cover all events which is done in their own time so please give them a break.

The above posts have been aimed at the owners of the game and not the unpaid help...of which as far as I can work out, there is only TER who does anything anymore...

For a paid for game the service this year has been pathetic at best....Its only a tenner, but those tenners all add up..Where the hell does it go... No prizes anymore, hardly any feedback anymore and after putting Road.cc on the map, it seems that the organisers just dont give a damn anymore....

I too think that this will be the last year....certainly for me, I will not be paying to play anymore unless I get re-assurances that the owners interest will return...

I have also cancelled my road.cc membership some months back in disgust and as a final show of my frustrations, I am about to throw my road.cc socks in the bin.....I refuse to advertise the business anymore....

I doubt that I will get a reply, but Dave I would love to hear your thoughts...

Anyway rant over....now off to the bin.....SOCKS IN HAND.....angry

fxceltic replied to Stumps | 7 years ago
0 likes

AWPeleton wrote:

To qualify my comments they are aimed only at the owners, not the guys who help run the game voluntarily.

Dave is probably busy uploading a video of a cyclist being sworn at by an ignorant driver though so, you know, fairs fair.

Not Sue this online mag shares our interest in actual racing, fantasy or otherwise.

nemysys | 7 years ago
0 likes

looks like it is off the list...?

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Ok we have now reached a point where it would be out of order to run the comp because a great many people will now, not unreasonably, either think its not happening or not have time to put in a team

Hopefully people can agree with that 

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

I pretty much hope so, it's the best format out there probably but it's appallingly run these days, would force me to finally make the move elsewhere 

Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like

Been thinking for a while that 'the powers that be' no longer want anything to do with this game .

Anyone  like to wager one British pound coin, that this is the final year of road.cc *FANTASYCYCLING*?

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Cmon dave, either put the roster out or call the race off, im at a polish/ Irish wedding in Warsaw right now and in an hour I won't be able to see 

Stumps | 7 years ago
0 likes

To late for me now, going out tonight and up and out sharp in the morning.

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Can someone let us know what is happening? Getting bored with checking to see if it has gone live.

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Start list is now available fairly widely

dc04dc | 7 years ago
0 likes

And why is the deadline about 11 hours before the race start time? I suspect it wasn't intended to be the real deadline.

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Just 8 hours to go now

Pathetic

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Not sure the complete Startlist is out yet. Although other(free) Fantasy sites are showing what is available.

Lawman147 | 7 years ago
1 like

Still waiting too. 12 hours until the deadline. no

fxceltic | 7 years ago
1 like

Are you expecting some sort of reply mate? You must be new around here. The cash you paid for the game largely buys you silence and disdain I'm afraid....

The admins do their best but they are unpaid helpers, im still waiting for a response to my last question nearly two weeks after posting 

dc04dc | 7 years ago
0 likes

Is anyone there? According to the dashboard, the deadline is at 0000 on July 30, 21 hours from now. 

Latest Comments