Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TDF disappears from ITV player

Unfortunately I can't always keep up with watching the tour highlights on ITV. 23 hours over threeish weeks is hard to find. So I have missed several episodes. I know who won overall but seeing the daily tactics and winners makes the race (thinking Tony Martin epic breakaways here.)

Normally I would have 31 days to catchup like previous years, and on the BBC iplayer or all4 or whatever it is called I can see thinks I've missed easily. Now it is the day after the end of the Tour and ALL THE EPISODES of TDF have disappeared off ITV.com. WTF ITV, its bad enough I have to sit through extra ads every time I move the timer or when your site crashes, but now I have missed most of the Tour because you've taken the content down. What is the point of having a catchup service if I can't catchup. I am not going to be watching your tacky neon studio based Saturday night fodder. The tour is the only think I watch on your insipid channel.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

waldner71 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Each to their own of course but I find the ITV commentary team dull and monotonous, David Millar obviously knows his stuff but just sounds boring and monotone. Eurosport all the way for me,  Sean Kelly and a very animated Carlton Kirby are always good value!

LarryDavidJr | 7 years ago
2 likes

I'm still weeping that I've switched to BT TV without realising that their live tv app doesn't include Eurosport (even though my subscription does).  

What will I do during the Vuelta without Juan's amusing pronounciation of the word 'focus'? or the recipe of the day from Jonathan?  Sean Kellys seemingly complete disinterest in anything that Carlton says?

freespirit1 | 7 years ago
1 like

I think it may be something to do with broadcast rights, not all programmes are on catch up on the other channels.

However I appreciate is too late for this year but for the future you could try one of these; 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-...

GREGJONES | 7 years ago
1 like

I couldn't agree more, but right now all I can think about is the Vuelta, dies anyone know if its going to be on ITV?

JonD replied to GREGJONES | 7 years ago
0 likes

GREGJONES wrote:

I couldn't agree more, but right now all I can think about is the Vuelta, dies anyone know if its going to be on ITV?

Trailer during ITV4's tdf coverage would seem to suggest so  1

Wonder if Millar/ Boulting will be doing commentary duties ? - made a decent attempt at it for the Tdf.

Hmm, surprised m'self to see the ITV coverage disappear so quickly, tho' they don't seem to hang on to much itv4 stuff - I recorded it on our (humax) pvr anyway.

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

No worries, there's a site called http://tiz-cycling.racing that has all the full and highlight videos of each stage.

Latest Comments