Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Maltloaf

Anyone got any tips on the best way to prepare this pre ride? 

I normally end up slicing it up and sticking it in a bag, but it ends up as one large mass, I may be better leaving it in the wrapper and just having a bite now and then. Any advice appreciated. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

The Rake | 7 years ago
1 like

I'm not a fan of malt loaf, but have been powered by banana Doreen this season. Yummy

edit: banana soreen. No idea who Doreen is...

VeloPeo replied to The Rake | 7 years ago
1 like

The Rake wrote:

I'm not a fan of malt loaf, but have been powered by banana Doreen this season. Yummy

Subliminal advertising. "Doreen's having her Soreen" was one of their old ad campaigns  3

The.MVP replied to The Rake | 7 years ago
0 likes

The Rake wrote:

I'm sure I heard my grandmother say that Banana Doreen was the nickname of a lady with "loose morals" round the corner from where she used to live, back in the day....

kenyond | 7 years ago
0 likes

Love the stuff, I buy the little indiviual bars for cycling and about 4 loafs at home haha

barbarus | 7 years ago
1 like

Put it all in your mouth in one go...

This is sort of what I do; actually just bite off as much as I want.

CygnusX1 | 7 years ago
7 likes

Soreen, Soreen, Soreen, Soreen

I'm begging you please don't take my jam

Bmblbzzz replied to CygnusX1 | 7 years ago
0 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

yessmiley

tritecommentbot replied to CygnusX1 | 7 years ago
0 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

Also got this laugh

arckuk | 7 years ago
0 likes

Open the packet cleanly with scissors so that it won't subsequently rip, chop into 6 slices, butter the first end slice, then the other side of the subsequent 5, then reassemble loaf and slide back into packet. Packet goes into your chosen jersey pocket with top folded over. All slices easily accessible with buttered sides facing down (with the exception of the 'first' slice, which is the last one eaten) so there's a minimum of buttery fingers. Mmmmmm. 

PS anyone else tried the new banana Soreen? It powered me nicely for the Dunwich Dynamo last weekend, it's slightly lighter and a tasty twist on the original.

Dnnnnnn | 7 years ago
0 likes

I don't understand why you'd bother trying to slice it up... Just pull off a chunk when you wanna eat. The lump is easier to handle and stick in your gob than a thin-but-wide slice too.

700c | 7 years ago
1 like

Soreen bars?

brooksby | 7 years ago
1 like

Malt Loaf...   Mmmmm... Food of the gods. yes

Lincolndave | 7 years ago
0 likes

I cut it up into 5/6 slices and bag them up separately, that way I can eat them out of the bag without getting sticky fingers and a mess on the hoods / bar tape.

nowasps | 7 years ago
2 likes

Greaseproof paper slipped between the slices?

Latest Comments