Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cyclist using Strava collides with Pokemon Go player

Is a click bait title I thought of on my ride home. Funny, the things you think of when out on a ride. I am starting to think 2016 is the year that the insidious nature of the internet finally bled into every part of our culture. Politicians with no actual policies can win elections based on sound bites on twitter. When actual lies get you more votes. Trolling used as a weapon against terrorists, terrorists using trucks as weapons on people. Six months until Trump pushes the button. 

I have become bored of beautiful pictures because they all have HDR. People calling me on speaker phone from a city street then being outraged when I ask them to repeat what they are saying. Everyone with their own self centred universe in their hand. Feel free to vent your first world post modern angst here.

I am going to watch some more Glastonbury highlights. Daughter.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

HowardR | 7 years ago
1 like

With apologies for using an exceptionally irritating neologism – ‘Peak irritation’.... has been reached with the selfie stick equipped Pokémon Go player who drags a little wheeled bag along in their random wake (In the names of the gods - Just pick the dammed thing up & stop occupying the space of three people)

I work in central London where herds of such creatures wash along every thoroughfare and footpath. It doesn't make me happy......

Leeroy_Silk | 7 years ago
0 likes

Daughter. Great band, you have my utmost respect from that action alone.

hawkinspeter | 7 years ago
2 likes

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Back in the day, it used to be adults complaining about skateboarding corrupting the youth and destroying society and how watching cartoons on TV destroyed their (the kids) attention spans. People don't change - have a look at this list: http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-youn...

tritecommentbot replied to hawkinspeter | 7 years ago
0 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Back in the day, it used to be adults complaining about skateboarding corrupting the youth and destroying society and how watching cartoons on TV destroyed their (the kids) attention spans. People don't change - have a look at this list: http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-youn...

Chess! 

Think that list proves we're better off making peace with the world around us.

(Then a twat in a moped buzzes and beeps at you with his stupid looking JD Sports backpack and you can think of nothing else but catching him at the lights and hooking him at 30MPH enlightened)

Daveyraveygravey | 7 years ago
0 likes

I love having my phone out on rides with me, I would never have thought to take a proper camera.  

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
4 likes

People who use their phones in speaker phone mode just because they've seen it on the apprentice need punching in the face. Quite vigorously.

EddyP | 7 years ago
0 likes

I don't like click bait.

But I'll allow it on this occasion. Agree with the above, will also add - I don't like how there is a label for everything. Life loses it's intrigue and mystery. Everything HAS to be something or the world will end etc.

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Need a good comedy every few weeks. Works wonders I find.

Also moral relativity. enlightened

CygnusX1 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hooked.

Latest Comments