Home

Hi

I am 17 looking to get in to road biking, but I only have a 10 year old bike that is not that good, so just wondering if anyone was a cheap road bike for sale or even for FREE LOL. I live in hampshire, portsmouth area  1

17 comments

boggy [29 posts] 7 years ago
0 likes

i have a condor made with 531c light very light steel bike with campy groupset. im in southsea/portsmouth as well but after £220.

RyanWhat [6 posts] 7 years ago
0 likes

Yer have you got any photos of it you can send me?

snowstorm [7 posts] 7 years ago
0 likes

Possible interest over here (after Ryan). Depending on size etc... what model/year?

0 likes

size is 56cm. will try and get photos later today

0 likes

its got mirage triple crankset, rear mech and 8 speed ergos. veloce front mech, mavic rims, sans marco saddle (comfortable!)and tektro calipers. pix here http://www.flickr.com/photos/38393968@N05/sets/72157624318735311/ pedals and water cages not included

0 likes

Thanks but it doesnt look like the bike I am after, it looks abit old, so sorry and I am not really willing to spend £220 on a second hand bike like that, but do you now of any good road bikes that I could get for around £300

TheHatter [770 posts] 7 years ago
0 likes

New bikes at 300 aren't really recomended generally. I'd look on ebay wehre you can find something like this Tifosi which would suit if its the right size and you're close (I'm nothing to do with the seller)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tifosi-Campagnolo-Sportive-bike-mudguards-medium-/330449459759?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4cf0529a2f

Fish_n_Chips [513 posts] 7 years ago
0 likes

How bad is the old bike? worth repairing or upgrading parts?

Its not about the bike...well not all of it :O)

Get the frame spread to 130mm £30.

Running gear and wheel service? might be cheaper than a new bike while you save up and train.

I would only go for £500 Spesh or Trek entry level bikes or even 2nd hand frame to build on.

0 likes

Well I only have £200 at the moment so what is the best bike i can get with that. I have seen some on amazon that look good more that price what do yous think?

0 likes

it might be "old" but it is good quality with decent components and very light. Whatever bike you choose to buy make sure its comfortable, lots of people buy bad quality new bikes only to see them gathering dust in garages. You have to enjoy riding the bike, so my advice will be to try out any bikes you fancy. I do have a "newer" Orbea which i will consider selling. Its aluminium and have decent parts but the seatpost and saddle is missing coz it got nicked! If you want to see that i can get some pix.

0 likes

Yer can i see picks and how much you want?

0 likes

will put them up tommorrow

Fish_n_Chips [513 posts] 7 years ago
0 likes

That 531 looks pretty good and will give a nice ride from 531 tubing.

0 likes

I might actually be interested in this bike if you could bring the price down a bit?

0 likes

make an offer

0 likes

£150  1 and how about that other bike you said about, can I see pics of that?

0 likes

sorry, i already have offer near asking price for it now. i forgot to put the pix up of other bike but will do it monday afternoon for you.