Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

University Dissertation Study - Psychological and Competitiveness Traits Amongst Various Road Cycling Disciplines

Good evening all Road CC members,

I am undertaking a psychological study for my dissertation within the University of Portsmouth to examine the various psychological and competitive traits amongst multiple road cycling disciplines, and wondered if anyone on here would be able to spare five minutes to fill out a quick questionnaire (Link below)?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone within cycling clubs could also take the time to SHARE  the questionnaire with other fellow cyclists via all social media platforms to help me reach me 1000 respondants total (500 male and 500 female).

If you have any further questions regarding the survey, please don't hesitate to contact me on this post.

Kind regards. 

Questionnaire link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19TUp32ob5_iyqIaN4rWoL33qyAMVa2dOJ_pzEjH...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Rory McCann | 7 years ago
0 likes

Because this help me with writing, so... it is not absolutely a bad employment.

0 likes

Maybe you are write... But I really happiest man in a world when I found there some good thinks, like this one http://kingcitation.com/apa/

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
4 likes

Yeah you end up with Bake Off viewers only finishing it.

FluffyKittenofT... | 7 years ago
2 likes

Surely if all the people with a low boredom threshold get too bored to finish the survey, that is going to lead to selection bias?

0 likes

And um ... Maybe you advise me something as a psychologist?

0 likes

Hi,
I passed your questionnaire. I can't understand the purpose of your work. You need to determine the presence of youth extremism in sportsmen, their tendency to loneliness or their sanity? There is's not all the questions about competitiveness...

By the way, since I have the honor to communicate with another postgraduate student and with psychologist, I want to ask a question. Do you read motivational articles in blogs (like this one: http://degreeway.com/blog/how-to-write-acknowledgement-for-dissertation), and if so, whether it helps you? I have a problem, I can not bring myself to write the first sentence, all I read and read...

Beatnik69 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Finished it, but I have answered this questionnaire before. I'm not sure if it was yourself who posted it though.

AcademicResearch | 7 years ago
0 likes

Good morning,

All questions are from Marvin Zuckerman's Sensation Seeking questionnaire and the Revised Competitiveness Index. This therefore means that  the questions were not created by myself, but have to be used to make sure all data samples collected meet the studies entry requirements. 

I am terribly sorry you found yourself bored, any completed questionnaires will be much appreciated. 

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
2 likes

Tried, got bored. Questions seemed a bit infantile.

Lincolndave | 7 years ago
0 likes

There's some strange  questions in your survey, anyway I have completed one , will you let us know the outcome

Latest Comments