Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

N+1, you might want to get a move on

I have been shopping around for a new commuter and in conversation with people in bike shops have been advised to crack on as US manufacturers are talking about 10-15% price increases for 2017 as a result of sterling's fall against the dollar.  My LBS was unable to source the particular bike I was after until September (due to its popularity) and unable to guarantee the price.

In a nutshell, if you see a bargain, I'd crack on and buy it !

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Yeah I need to get the missus' new bike from this year's stock. Just waiting on the sales first. 

Malaconotus replied to tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

unconstituted wrote:

Yeah I need to get the missus' new bike from this year's stock. Just waiting on the sales first. 

Sales have started.  Specialized cut all prices by 25% last week.  Many others have dropped prices long since.  When they're gone, they're gone, and the 2017 bikes will be pricier.

arfa | 7 years ago
0 likes

Posted and it came up blank.

Bottom line in enquiries with retailers, imported bikes  for 2017  probably going up by 10-15% on 2016 prices courtesy of sterling's fall against the dollar (and the rest).

If there are post tdf bargains around don't hang around.  One bike I was looking at, my LBS was unable to source until September and could not guarantee the price as a result of conversations with manufacturers

Get 'em while you can

Leviathan | 7 years ago
0 likes

Another thread with no text, what is going on lately?

Are you talking about the exchange rate? Canyon raised prices? 

Or buy British, get a Ribble.

Malaconotus replied to Leviathan | 7 years ago
0 likes

Leviathan wrote:

Or buy British, get a Ribble.

What parts on a Ribble are made in the UK, then?   Assembled in the UK from parts which just went up 10% to 15% in cost.  They will be similarly affected.

Latest Comments