Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What tyres... Vitt Corsa G+, Conti 4000SII or Schwalbe One Tubeless..

Hi all

Could do with some help. Getting a new bike and need to decide on tyres. 

My goto tyre was the GP 4000S and had about 10,000km for one flat which I was very happy with. (Winter and Summer use). 

My local bike shop (Quest Bikes in North Harrow) are recommending the new Vittoria Corsa G+ Graphene tyres in a 25mm flavour. 

I use tubeless off road and wouldn't go back to tubes but haven't tried tubeless on the road so not sure if it is any good. 

So.. are the GP4000S II's better than the old ones? 

and between the three which to get and why?

BTW, London based rider and most rides are local or in the chilterns. (read shocking road conditions!)

Cheers all

Jay

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

riotgibbon | 7 years ago
0 likes

I rode Schwalbe S-one tubeless 4000 miles on Chilterns roads/bridleways before getting an enormous tear/puncture. They're awesome, but currently unavailable anywhere ...  but maybe not the hardest compound. Because of my hydraulic disc brakes (Specialized Diverge) I found that I'd skidded a few times and wore them down a bit, pretty much to the point of unusability

but what a 4,000 miles though!   I don't know what other people expect, but I rode faster than I ever have before on them. Love 'em

ajd | 7 years ago
0 likes

Schwalbe Pro One is ideal for racing as you are more prone to p*nctures in a bunch. Grip not quite as good as GP4000 and certainly don't last as long, but not an issue for racing. I wouldn't use them as every day tires though - they are too fragile.

Why not stick to GP4000?

Latest Comments