Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help Advise

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

DJ AL | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply. It is the modern version. I plan on taking it to a bike shop for an initial tune up, but I was hoping to purchase a carrier for them to put on. I wanted to "have a choice" if possible. But that idea seems to be fading! 

Eric D | 7 years ago
0 likes

Sounds like taking it to your local bike shop (maybe even Halfords) would be best.

Is it the vintage model from the 1940s?

Or the modern one ?

Either way it probably needs hands-on experience : good luck !

DJ AL | 7 years ago
0 likes

Like I said, I have a Columbia Compax 26" folding bike. Does anyone have one? If so, what model carrier are you using? I want to  put a pannier on it. The way the frame is made, where the seat inserts is not "round" so I cannot mount anything there. Since I must keep the seat as low as it will go, I cannot mount anything on the round seat pole. Sorry, if (terminology) is not correct. The easiest answer, would be if someone already has this bike. What model carrier are they using?

Thanks

Eric D | 7 years ago
0 likes

If you 'view source' you can see the intended message:

meta name="description" content="I purchased a Columbia Compax 26" Folding  Bike. Not a mechanical person. I purchased a rear carrier that wasn't compatible with the bike and I returned it. Does anyone have this bike? If so, what make and model carrier do you use. Not: I can not raise my seat, as I need it at it's lowest point. Therefore I don't think I can use a carrier that attaches toaround the seat base (not round). Help appreciated !   AL"

Don't you speak HTML ?

If the road.cc guys ever read this:

Make 'Content' a required field ?
So the form can't be submitted with it empty ?
Remove the 'Summary' field !

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hah. He typed in the first box!

Griff500 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Care to be more specific?

Latest Comments