Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giant TCR Advanced 1 2015

Hi There

New to the forum and I am looking for some advice/help.

Unfortunately I had my bike stolen on the weekend and am looking to replace it with a good deal.

Some cycling friends have advised me I cant go wrong with the Giant TCR Advanced 1 and have suggested looking at the 2015 model which should be on sale.

Unfortunately my LBS does not have my size in stock so I was hoping someone could advise the best place to locate this bike in a large frame.

Also are there any similar bikes I should be considering with a max budget of £1200.

Thank you for any advice in Advance!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

700c | 7 years ago
0 likes

TCR's are indeed awesome bikes and a personal +1 to Giant Leamington Spa (formerly the Bike Yard) - a great shop.

All Giant dealers should be of a certain standard though in order to act as a franchise to sell and service the brand.

Also Giant's warranty is apparently good, not that I've had to use it.

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

My local LBS has some 2015 giants on sale at the mo...  give em a call  http://www.giant-leamington.co.uk/en-GB/

I ride a TCR and you can't go wrong with them, your mate is right. 

sirich | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hi Guys thanks for the info, I'm currently looking into a planet x pro carbon with the Ultegra group set...looks like a lot of bang for your buck

Only concern is the intitial measuring up procedure & the after sales if something were to go wrong.

Will keep my eyes open though and appreciate the advice

Thank you

Lincolndave | 7 years ago
0 likes
Lincolndave | 7 years ago
0 likes

Have you looked on the Ribble web site. Have a look at the gran fondo for the price it's very good buy, http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-gran-fondo-special-edition-shimano-...

DrG82 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have a 2014 TCR and although I'm quite happy with it's performance I really think you can get better value. The stock Giant wheels are rubbish IMO and you seem to take a hit on the groupset compared to competition.

I would just have a good read and see what turns up rather than having a specific bike in mind.

mostly | 7 years ago
1 like

I've got the tcr advanced 1 2015 ultegra and its a fine machine, you might struggle to find a 2015 model now but a 105 2016 is £1199. Its still a lot of bike for the money.

ficklewhippet | 7 years ago
1 like

Why, is he planning on falling off?

Grahamd replied to ficklewhippet | 7 years ago
0 likes

ficklewhippet wrote:

Why, is he planning on falling off?

I am sure nobody plans to fall off, but s##t happens. Therefore feel it could be helpful to know others experience.

Grahamd | 7 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments