Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How was your ride?

Today my Garmin decided to send me the wrong way and up some steep hills for 5 miles.

It obviously thinks I'm too fat and not working hard enough... angel Possession?

Manage to out climb the guy who always shoots past me. I don't know who he is but he looks the 'Pirate' on a white steel roadbike from the 80's with huge cable outers coiled over the bars.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Bob Wheeler CX | 7 years ago
1 like

Very good thank you.

Fish_n_Chips | 7 years ago
0 likes

Sorry to hear about your swim Nat, but hope it was a blast when you look back.

Jimnm- Flat roads + harder gear could mimic climbing? Although it will look odd as little old ladies walk faster as you stand powering on lol.

Cambridgeshire is flat too but I found local B roads that rise steeply - explore you'll find hills.

Jimnm replied to Fish_n_Chips | 7 years ago
1 like

Fish_n_Chips wrote:

Sorry to hear about your swim Nat, but hope it was a blast when you look back.

Jimnm- Flat roads + harder gear could mimic climbing? Although it will look odd as little old ladies walk faster as you stand powering on lol.

Cambridgeshire is flat too but I found local B roads that rise steeply - explore you'll find hills.

Can you imagine my embarrassment when I get passed on the prom with a lil old lady in a mobility scooter. Proper red face lmao  

Ps: I always use the three small cogs and large chain ring. Stand on pedals in a head wind.

Nat Jas Moe | 7 years ago
1 like

My ride was.. fish like. The roads were awash and might as well have been rivers. So humid it was rediculous. But I made it through the rain.. There's a song in there some where.  

Jimnm | 7 years ago
1 like

Hi Mr Fish n Chips, I had a good ride this morning from Bispham to St Anne's and back only about 20 miles give or take 1\2mile or so. It's the Fylde Coast I can't find any decent hills here  2 it's  too flat but the wind off the sea makes up for it sometimes lol

Latest Comments