Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The good Samaritan

I saw this post on Facebook as a mate in Scotland had shared it and I thought I'd pass it on. Someone out there saved a life, an act much appreciated by the person who was saved, and his family:

Nick Kallaras‎ to Linlithgow
3 hrs ·

HELP PLEASE

I live on the outskirts of Falkirk with my wife and two children (Grace and Ted). On Saturday 16th April around noon time whilst cycling from Linlit...hgow train station up Manse Rd towards Riccarton, unfortunately I suffered a heart attack and went into cardiac arrest. Thanks to a number of people from the Linlithgow area who by some miracle just happened to be in the vicinity, I survived. The majority of people that helped I have managed to establish contact with, however the gentleman responsible for administering CPR for 30-45 minutes remains a mystery. No doubt he is still knackered from his efforts. My request is that people share this post and if anyone knows who that person is, they contact me so I can pass on the sincere gratitude and thanks of my family and myself. Your help is gratefully appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

DanielCoffey | 7 years ago
0 likes

Well spotted. The IceID Pro is *exactly* the same as the RoadID - same band (even down to the markings on the back), same clasp, same number of characters. Are they a licensed importer I wonder or an imitator?

Nat Jas Moe | 7 years ago
0 likes

You can get these from the UK 

http://www.iceid.co.uk/

I have one and now my wife has more peace of mind.

Please the cyclist is making a good recovery

DanielCoffey | 7 years ago
0 likes

I am pleased the cyclist is making a recovery.

It is situations like this that make wearing some form of visible ID useful. The RoadID wristband from www.roadid.com is for times like this. It gives first responders your key medical and ID information plus shows them who to call. Mine has my name and key ID info, blood group, medical history and allergies plus the fact that I have a disabled dependant.

I know they are shipped from the US but the international shipping is litterally a couple of bucks because they are just a small letter sized item. The rubber wrist band is very durable - mine has endured about 5 years of sweat and sun. The etched steel is practically indestructable.

Latest Comments